1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are women too picky?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by El_Guero, Oct 9, 2006.

1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Thanks for the posts!!!

Wayne

2. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

I disagree that its better to marry young before one knows the ways of the world. If I had married the one I was "in love" with when I was 19, I would be a most miserable woman. Some of the things that were important to me then arent as importnt to me now and vice versa.

I do think sometimes we settle for the first one that may come along that "might" be "the one". But I have known women who were definitely too picky before they found a husband, and their husbands suffer for it now.

3. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Age and maturity are two totally different things. The "ways of the world" are typically not understood until one moves out of their parent's house and lives on their own. I lived at home until my wedding day and have no regrets. Age and maturity are not connected, though it would be great it if were.

My parents are a great example. My dad was 19, my mom 18, when they married. They'll soon be married 50 years and are the happiest, most loving, understanding, respectable couple I know. Age bears little factor post high school; it's maturity that counts. :)

#23 PJ, Oct 11, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2006
  4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I would wonder is that deep down, it is not a real case of being picky but really a case of selfishness and being deficient in relationships with people in general.

5. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

More GREAT! Posts!!!

Thanks!

Wayne

6. Mary Diana Lynn Harper

Picky women?

Women are not trying to be picky, if they are in God they are waiting on God to send that special one to them. If they are not in God they don't care and will be with anyone, married, not married doesn't matter. Would you not rather one who is picky to be your solemate or one who is everyones' playmate?:godisgood: