1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are "words of life" only meant for those already living?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Skandelon, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

"Apart from the gospel?" Really? How many times do I have to go over this JF? You know what? I'm tired of correcting your formatting so I can respond and I am even more tired of explaining to you the basics of what I believe over and over without you getting it. I'm done. Sorry, no offense, but there is only so much a person can take.

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

They don't get it, to say a person must be made alive before he can hear God's word is also to say God does not have the power or ability to speak to the dead.

If I try to speak to a man who only speaks Chinese, who is unable? We BOTH are. I am unable to speak to him, and he is unable to hear me. If he attempts to speak to me it is the same, he is unable to speak to me, and I am unable to hear.

I am not speaking of making audible noise, I am speaking of communicating.

If the dead are unable to hear and understand what God says, then God is unable to communicate with them.

So, to say the dead cannot hear and understand God is to deny his power and ability to speak to them.

3. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

I understand what you are saying!

You believe that God does use the Gospel by itself to 'wake up" a sinner, so that they can place faith in jesus...

The HS takes the message and uses that to save a person directly, no "irresisible Grace/Common Grace" required, correct?