1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are You a Puppet?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Scarlett O., Jun 7, 2009.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

My pastor preached this morning from Romans 8:6-14 and his emphasis was on being spiritually dead vs. spiritually alive.

He preached a fair sermon, but I could tell that he was looking for some way to make his points tangible. And the Lord opened up an analogy for him via the puppet ministry that was used last week in our Vacation Bible School.

I thought it was very good and needed to be shared.
    He said, (I'm paraphrasing),

Anyway....I thought that was a very good word picture of spiritual deadness.

There's been days that this has been me. I don't want to be that ever again. I'm not going to forget his analogy.

My preacher rocks!! (Even when I disagree with him!)

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That is pretty good. Thanks for sharing! It might, um, find its way into my repertoire...;)

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I sincerely hope it does! :laugh:

Preachers and teachers should glean from one another and share with one another. We (I'm a teacher) are not islands unto ourselves. :tongue3: