1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Are you a Slave of God?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Sep 25, 2013.

?
  1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    68.4%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Romans 8:15 :thumbsup:

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I have to agree. It is like those on here who complain about money woes, yet they have an internet bill, an unnecessary utility.

As far as persecution, people in the United States do not have a clue about the meaning of the word. What could someone say in America? They got called names when they went on visitation? Someone made fun of them? Oh woe is me. There is NO persecution in the United States.

On a mission trip to east Kentucky a couple of years ago, I knocked on one door and the guy came back with a box containing a rattlesnake. He asked me to put my hand in the box to test my faith. I said good day sir, and went to the next house. Do I consider that persecution, not hardly.

Consider this. If your testimony for Christ cost you a job, your family or your life, then you might have a case. How well would the average American's testimony hold up with a 45 pointed at their head. Better yet, how would it hold up if a 45 was pointed at your son's head unless you denied Christ?

Most of you, give me a break. Most Americans are cry babies and spineless at that.

3. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

You miss the whole point.

The BIBLE... that book that we Christians are supposed to go by... calls us slaves of Jesus Christ.

Evangelist, in his usual ham-fisted manner, is trying to say that we ought to have the kind of biblical humility of mind before Jesus that sees us as his "doulos"- slaves.

He is right.

Now, I don't think his street preaching emphasis is balanced and I think his way of saying things comes off as self-exalting at times.

But that does not mean he is wrong about everything he says. He is right that we ought to see ourselves, not JUST as Sons of God, but as slaves of Jesus Christ.

4. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

What was foolish about it?

5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here's a Verse YOU May Like!

Romans 6:22 (NLT), "But now you are free from the power of sin and have become slaves of God. Now you do those things that lead to holiness and result in eternal life."

I hope it helped!

6. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not once did Christ ever say we are His slaves but called men friend.
    MB

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Poetic language. Jewish slavery was a voluntary action, like modern day bankruptcy. Slave is also interpreted servant.

8. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The correct verse....doulas was.....a willing bond slave

9. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Interestingly those of a certain camp repudiate the term slave. These maintain their humanistic fight for their own free will ad for their own goodness.

Go figure.

Correct, Christ, as far as I know did not call us slaves prior to His resurrection. After His resurrection those who are His are called servants which is actually slaves and reflects proper NT terminology and interpretation. Proper interpretation must be rejected by certain camps as it does not reflect true theology which they reject.

Then we have one here who attempts to deduce that 'slave is interpreted servant' because it is easier for that camp to digest this fallacy. Truth then is blurred by humanistic and dissident interpretation. Servant sounds better even though it actually means slave.

Thus there is a desire to make the truth of being owned by Christ as a slave of a lesser value. How could any human in that erronoeus theology be considered in a true biblical sense as a slave? They consider themselves of a much higher value.

That to them is taboo and is too low for them to ever consider since they place themselves upon a pedestal and reject many Scriptures that put mankind in its proper place -- Romans 3 for instance.

Go figure X 2 to the 10th power.

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It would help the preacher4fiction to at least pretend to know what a proper hermeneutic is.

11. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Blessings.

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm sure its a sincere one.

13. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :)

It has better be sincere! It would be a sin to do anything less, IMHO!

14. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because I was helping to distribute alcohol. While I cant say for a fact that drinking is a sin, because it is not, however I was causing others to stumble (my wife & her church) and so I had to leave. Me and her do not agree on this issue. Just last night we had a debate on it, as she thinks even one sip of a beverage is bad, and I do not. Having a Mikes Lemonade is actually a enjoyable experience! Pink Lemonade rocks!!!

15. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

16. Winman

Winman Active Member

So, you like to drink and you just married a woman who believes even one sip of alcohol is wrong? That COULD be a problem. :rolleyes:

Oh, and if you think having one Mike's Lemonade is enjoyable, try five or six. :thumbsup:

But only if it has alcohol in it, correct??

#56 Winman, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2013
  17. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I won't get drunk and 5-6 would do that. Pink Lemonade is even better made plain, but the alcoholic version is good as well. Stop putting words into my mouth.

18. Winman

Winman Active Member

Just joking with you. You know, you can probably get a whole gallon of Pink Lemonade at the grocery store for about the same price as one Mike's Lemonade, and your new wife could enjoy it with you. :thumbs:

19. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree it does taste good!

20. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Oh my...:tear:

I no longer call you servants, because a servant [slave] does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. -Jesus

For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, ""Abba," Father." -Paul​

I suppose we can include Jesus and Paul into our camp of people who reject the term 'slave'???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.