1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Are you better off?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Dec 19, 2014.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or the most expensive war ever, the so called war on poverty?

2. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The government's war on the middle class is going well, too.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I hear Citi Group and it's agents in congress just put us all on the hook for the big bank's wild gambling loses aka derivatives.

Three of the last four Treasury Secretaries under Democratic presidents have had close Citigroup ties. The fourth was offered the CEO position at Citigroup, but turned it down.

The Vice Chair of the Federal Reserve system is a Citigroup alum.
    The Undersecretary for International Affairs at Treasury is a Citigroup alum.
    The U.S. Trade Representative and the person nominated to be his deputy – who is currently an assistant secretary at Treasury – are Citigroup alums.
    A recent chairman of the National Economic Council at the White House was a Citigroup alum.

Another recent Chairman of the Office of Management and Budget went to Citigroup immediately after leaving the White House.

Another recent Chairman of the Office of Management of Budget and Management is also a Citi alum -- but I’m double counting here because now he’s the Secretary of the Treasury.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ter-congress-weakens-wall-street-regulations/

4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am better off than last year. I live in an area that enjoys life in spite of what the Democrats have tried to do. Some other guy told me Merry Christmas today although he said that maybe he wasn't supposed to say that. I told him that it made liberals angry and he said that made him all the happier to wish me a Merry Christmas and I wished him a Merry Christmas also.

[​IMG]