1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Are you Emergent?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by SolaSaint, Mar 5, 2012.

1. mandym

mandym New Member

Guys behave yourself with such language

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your right, sorry Pastor.

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I use it in my garden. :smilewinkgrin:

6. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

So I watched the video link (2 hours) about the emergent church.

Maclaren and Bell both have a satanic presence about them. To be even more blunt, I'd say they're demon possessed.

Is anyone else alarmed at the trend today which says we've had it all wrong all along (the Gospel) as those above and NT Wright &c proclaim?

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dont you think P4T that it is just a sign of the times we live in? Yes would be my answer to your question. I would also interject that I find it alarming that our Baptist & Protestant orthodox churches are diminishing while the Roman Catholics, Mormons, Jehovah Witless & any of a variety of Cult Like Churches are growing. May I ask in turn, what does that say to you and are you in turn alarmed by these developments?

8. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

That isn't a "trend". It is a fulfillment of Paul's writings to the Corinthians in 2 Corinthians 11 where Paul told us that Satan would appear as an angel of light.

We find almost identical testimonies for almost all the major cults and isms. In many cases their founder had this vision or experience and it was revealed to them that NONE of the Scriptures nor NONE of the churches were doing things right, and so "do this instead." What was done instead was ALWAYS a counterfeit and perversion of the Church and the Scriptures. Roman Catholicism -- same testimony. Islam -- same testimony. Latter Day Saints -- same testimony. Now the Emerging Movement -- same testimony. All had to rely on some "new revelation" to correct what God's people already knew and were doing just fine. Only Satan could decieve that many people and do it so successfully.

9. preacher4truth

I could say I'm alarmed, but when I think about it, really I'm not in a sense, well, not surprised at least. One thing I was surprised at is the satanic presence emanating from Bell and Mclaren.

That alleged Baptists (which I have my serious doubts about some here being truly Baptist) support, laud, bow to the scholarship of heretics like Wright and others who are redefining salvation, atonement, imputation, the Gospel, propitiation is unfortunate, but is simply the apostatizing from the faith that was prophesied to take place.

That intellect, scholarship, degrees, prestige, knowledge are at the forefront of rejecting orthodox historical truth (via Emergent teaching and NPP heresy) is not a surprise. Simply, this is man worshipping self, and rejecting the truth of the Gospel.

The thing that gets me is that those who are proponents of this heresy cannot see how deceived they are, they're as ones being led to slaughter and don't know it, as their tickled intellect and pride has blinded them to the distortion of truth for the sake of sounding intellectual and scholarly while deconstructing Biblical truth. Rob Bell, Brian Mclaren and NT Wright ALL preach a false Gospel.

The comeback response towards those who reject these teachings as false? Typically an attack on the intellect, knowledge and wisdom of the person that rejects. Paul, on the other hand, had the correct answer; preaching Jesus Christ and Him crucified; 1 Corinthians 2, while rejecting the wisdom of this world for the foolishness of preaching; 1 Corinthians 1, Galatians 1. Instead of this we have within the kingdom those who will not bear the cross and suffer for proclaiming the age old truth of the Gospel, but instead want to be recognized for their wisdom, intellect, or for being scholarly, even to the extent of distorting and preaching a false gospel message, and seek to redefine the meaning of the Gospel message.

10. preacher4truth

I disagree with you concerning the word trend, but if you want to concentrate and take to task over a definition as though in so doing it is counter scriptural, go for it if it works for you. I'm certain you're fully aware that I know this to be a fulfillment of prophecy.

Emergent and NPP heresy? These are a trend in every definition of the word. 2 Timothy 4 shows this as a trend that would take place.

My word wasn't used to supplant or transcend that this is fulfilled prophecy, but to show that it is still taking place and becoming more prevalent and accepted. To construe my words that way is actually a tad ridiculous to be honest.

11. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I'm just enlarging the definition to take into account all the counterfeit activities of the enemy over the centuries.

Trend in our modern society -- sure. But we can point to the same, and often.

Take the late 1800s for instance. There arose Christian liberalism, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Christian Scientists, and Pentecostal/Charismatics, Millerites, and others -- all within less than a 50 year span.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BINGO! :tear:

13. preacher4truth

Enlarging it is OK with me, but detracting from the word used is actually diminishing it IMO.

The fact is it is becoming trendy today to go down a counter scriptural path and still proclaim this path as 'christianity.'

These things seem to come in waves, as preaching the truth is also in season and out of season.

I am simply appalled and alarmed at those who are lending these plain heretics an ear, especially toward Wright who teaches the Gospel can't save, to which others say 'Well, we should hear more about what he says about this.' For what purpose? Where in Scripture are we to lend them an ear who preach a false Gospel?

Frankly his statement renders him anathema.

As far as Bell and McLaren and Pagitt are concerned, they all left me with a very dark and sinister feeling emanating from them. Some would possibly argue that we shouldn't lend them an ear while giving Wright a pass, yet they as well as Wright have betrayed the truth of the Gospel via destructionistic ideologies, and none of their teachings should be accepted as far as their gospels.

One huge mistake is to give someone a pass due to the fact they've taught solid truth on other issues (or seemingly so) while they preach a false Gospel message the true Gospel being the magnus opus of all teachings, and is to be defended above at all costs, Galatians 1:6-10, Jude 1:3, Acts 20:28-31.

#113 preacher4truth, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2012
  14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just was thinking of this.....

How Great Thou Art lyrics

Oh Lord my God
    When I in awesome wonder
    Consider all the worlds
    Thy hands have made
    I see the stars
    I hear the rolling thunder
    Thy power throughout
    The universe displayed

Then sings my soul
    My Savior, God, to Thee
    How great thou art
    How great thou art
    Then sings my soul
    My Savior, God, to Thee
    How great Thou art
    How great Thou art

And when I think of God,
    His son not sparing,
    Sent Him to die,
    I scarce can take it in;
    That on the cross, my burden
    gladly bearing He bled and died
    to take away my sin

Then sings my soul
    My Savior, God, to Thee
    How great thou art
    How great thou art
    Then sings my soul
    My Savior, God, to Thee
    How great Thou art
    How great Thou art

When Christ shall come
    With shout of acclamation
    And take me home
    What joy shall fill my heart
    Then I shall bow
    With humble adoration
    And then proclaim My God
    How great Thou art

Then sings my soul
    My Savior, God, to Thee
    How great Thou art
    How great Thou art
    Then sings my soul
    My Savior, God, to Thee
    How great Thou art
    How great Thou art

How great Thou art
    How great Thou art...

15. preacher4truth

:applause: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

16. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Could someone please post a link to the 2 hour video with McLaren and Bell?

I have scrolled through many posts and cant find it. I am interested in how far off base they have gotten since they 1st came on the scene.

Thanks.

17. preacher4truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfLjAh-mWso

18. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Ok. I have watched the 2 hour documentary on McLaren, Rob Bell and others.

I have to say, I pretty much knew what to expect, having purchased a book and tape series of Dave Hunts back in the 80's on the New age movememt.

But...its gotten even worse since then.

Basically , I agree with what others have said. The emergent movement, in its fullest manifistations, is without any dought, demonically inspired, fueled and controled.

God have mercy

19. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

[personal attack edited]

#119 Michael Wrenn, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2012
  20. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

So you are selectively reading? EWF used the term first in referring to me; I replied in kind.