1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are you facebooking with demons?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Aaron, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While May's profession has traditionally tried to silence or ignore phantom voices, he takes a different approach with his patients. When someone says they're hearing voices he asks them if he 'can speak to the voice and ask it some questions'.

The answers are often surprising. Recently May was treating a patient called Flo. One of her voices—a character called ‘Top Dog’—struck up a conversation with May, and eventually asked for its own Facebook page. So they decided that Flo should create one.
    ‘And then [Top Dog] went on a forum for other people who hear voices and said, “Hey you lot, I'm a voice. Is anybody else out there a voice and they want to share ideas with me?",' May says.

Now there’s a whole community of voices online, who talk to each other from different countries around the world. ‘It's a collaborative thing,’ May says. ‘This approach is really a very different way of relating to our minds, where we embrace the diverse voices within us.’
    Engaging with the voice—rather than shutting it out—is part of a new global movement rethinking how voice hearing should be treated.

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/allinthemind/5125556

2. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I actually have a few online friends (who are unbelievers) who claim to be able to hear voices. One made a separate account for one of her's on the forum we were on. I've queried them about the voicesa few times--the voices claim to be fictional characters from the shows they watched and climbed to have their own universe from which they were speaking to each other. Some of them were characters I was familiar with, too. (Such as Shadow the hedgehog from the Sonic franchise.)
    It was an obscure forum, so they felt comfortable with taking about their friends, even having their friends make posts. Using texts in different colors to indicate who it was.
    I found it interesting and intriguing, though I knew the most likely explanation was that these were actually demons.

#2 evenifigoalone, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014
  3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, because for centuries and centuries demons could not communicate with each other, then along came Facebook. :sleep:

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm going to call you DHK. I seldom see such a colossal margin by which a point is missed.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ohhhhhhh.......BURN! :laugh:

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting article. I do wander about the automatic connection with demonic activity. For example, neurological disorders can cause olfactory hallucinations (as in Parkinsons patients). Is the OP suggesting (based on the title) that “hearing voices” can have no medical (neurological or psychological) origin?

(I do find it odd to have the voices interact…even stranger to interact on facebook. I also think that demonic activity is often dismissed - and perhaps demonic activity is not necessarily without a medical association - but I don’t know that it is even logical to simply categorize “hearing voices” as demonic - if that is what is being said).

Oh...and InTheLIght...:thumbsup: