1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Are you producing False Converts?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I use that stuff on my garden. Works great!

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I wont! My elder sister was Cerebral Palsy & her brain was so shot she could not understand.......so I want to know that she is in heaven.

My eldest child died before hearing the gospel......going to tell me Rippon he is in hell....cause that is where the REFORMED would appeared to have put him. So again, I want to know that childs disposition

The rub for any that make it prerequisite, Gospel Regeneration never makes provisions for those who, through no fault of their own, die without hearing the gospel...... then the answer is, "Well we dont know but we hope the Lord is merciful......right, bugger off, because what your stating is that infants, the feeble minded (anyone who cant process the gospel) they must hear the gospel preached by man and actively repent and believe the truth, then there is no hope for them because thats where your leading...thats your dogmatic conclusion.

But since salvation is by the sovereign grace of God through the work of His Son, we know that He will save His own regardless of their circumstances in life ....Rom. 8 :34-39; Rom. 11 :28; 2 Tim. 2 :13, 16-19. That I can rest on.

#102 Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2013
  3. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I use chicken crap meself ....helps if you have chickens.:smilewinkgrin:

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In your great eagerness to smash and destroy;you speak greater evils. True hyper-Calvinists and true Arminians are flip-sides of the same coin. There are genuine Christians among both groups. Forget about your Heaven and Hell contrast between hyper-Calvinists and Calvinists proper.

I know more about the Gospel Standard folks in the UK more than the Prim :)Baptists in the States. Despite their errors there are some godly,Christ-loving Word-honoring people in that denomination.

Have you ever heard of B.A. Ramsbottom? He writes some terrific books --especially doctrinal works for children. He'sa rather good preacher as well. Speaking of preachers --check out G.D. Buss. Met Tab. offers their books. Banner of Truth offers their material as well.

J.K. Popham of the late 19th and early 20 century was a wonderful preacher. You can access his printed sermons.

So don't be so quick to consign certain folks to perdition. Exercise some deliberation. Show restraint,study and pray before posting.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really!

Please elaborate.

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is only one way, and that is through the Door by grace through faith, for infant and adult alike.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And how does an infant have faith.....how is that obtained?

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    David said that he would again see his baby who had died.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was told that you had to be a good standing member of the covenant of Grace style of churches in order for that to happen Rev.... and his mother & I were not.....not even married at the time....so we were not members of the "Club" at the time so we could not pass on the "True Christian Family legacy" (under the Covenant of Grace rules & regulations). Rather we were Bad Bad Bad. Well imagine that..... so we put the lad in hell via our being sinners, because thats our legacy!

Now the only way we can see him again is to die & go straight to hell. More Reformed dogma. No Baptist would ever give you a screwball answer like that would they?

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No and I have never heard something like that said before. Sounds more akin to something that would come out of the Catholic church.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now a Roman Catholic who believes in Baptismal Regeneration, will tell you that the child goes to "LIMBO" & not hell.... kinda a nebulous place for those who die with original sin on their soul.....at least that is what I was taught by the good "Sisters of Christian Charity" in my Baltimore Catechism. Walter will of course put another spin on it, & they (RCC) do change & modify their DOGMA from time to time....but even they wouldn't be hard like the Presbyterian & Reformed Churches were.

Here is a WIKI explanation of LIMBO. Nuts right!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbo

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, the reformers ....especially Dutch Reformed & Orthodox Presbys, they pride themselves on their hardness (and dreariness)....and other stuff which earmarks them as the "True Calvinists"

If your Bad Bad Bad, the Catlicks will tell ya to "Get thee to a nunnery" LOL.....just kidding, go into a box, say a good Act Of Contrition prayer & get the priest to absolve you of your sins. Mea culpa (do that 3 times). That way you can repeat the sin & even do worse, but then next Saturday you can go in the box again....eh, neat little out, Right.

But the Reformed....LOL....WOW!!!! THEY ARE TOUGH.

#113 Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2013
  14. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you obtain it?

You as an adult have no advantage over the infant.

You want assurance that a certain infant was saved. First, confess that God took the infant. Also confess that it was His to take, that He was under no obligation to consult you when He did, and that He is under no obligation to you now to reveal to you the secrets of another's heart.

Then ask Him. He may answer, but I suspect He won't until you stop looking for some way in for certain persons other than through faith in His own Son.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No No No.......with the Catholics your sins are serious only if they are "Mortal Sins" & thats like breakin the 10 Commandments. Never says anything about laying with your girlfriend & getting her ....ahhh.....with child. In fact, thats how come we gots lots of Catholics today...but I digress. That activity at best, Im assuming now, is considered a "Venial Sin" & the box visitation (and a few Our Fathers & Hail Marys), will extricate that. Remember Mea culpa!!!

And if my recall of RC Doctrine is faulty, well I got it from Our Lady of Perpetual Carnality (Trenton Diocese). Blame them.

#115 Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 6, 2013
  16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ahhhh.....your Reformed!!!

Well maybe you are & maybe your not......but Ive already settled the matter with God tank you & it wasn't the answer that the Reformed gave me. However it was a great learning experience having those conversations with that ilk. They also hold to INFANT BAPTISM sooooo..... just how credible are they I wonder? Hmmmmmm......

#116 Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 6, 2013
  17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ....and so your saying that newborns (w/o hearing the gospel) have faith all on their own?

Then, without hearing the gospel, how do they obtain that faith?

Romans 10:17

17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

18. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not going to argue with you. One thing I and the Father won't yield on is the Door.

Two things should concern you more: 1) You think you have an advantage over the infant in matters of the spirit, and 2) It appears your assurance of another's position is based on some other way than through the Door.

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I asked you a question not for an arguement. If I wanted that I'd ask Luke. :laugh: If you cant answer it then just say so...I understand

I dont know if ya read the whole thread but The Biblicist gave a good answer already on post #67.

20. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

Earth it appears that you are a PB for the sole reason they give a better explanation on where a baby goes if it dies than other faiths. Abraham said in Gen 18:25 Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right ? You must remember, whatever the Lord chooses to do, it will always be the right thing. You must except this and move on if you ever expect to have peace and closer about this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.