1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are You Ready?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by th1bill, Jun 23, 2014.

1. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    These things have I spoken unto you, that in me ye may have peace. In the world ye have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. (John 16:33, ASV)

There are three major theories of the Great Tribulation and a case for all three has been made from the scriptures. Personally I hold fast to the Pretribulation position. However I am prepared to be wrong also. The world we live in is changing daily right now and if a man converts to Christianity in the Middle East there is a great chance he will be executed for for his faith. He will be disowned by his family, fired from his job and beaten for daring to follow the One True God and for dumping his idols.

Why should we be concerned, it has been the last days for the past, almost 2,000 years, hasn't it? The answer is yes and no. It is well understood by all believers that to the LORD, our God, a thousand years is as a day to the LORD. What in the world does that mean? I read the book “Heaven Is For Real” a couple of years back where a four year old boy was dead for, something like 3 minutes. The meeting with the sister that he had never heard about because of the pain of a Still Birth, the horses and other animals he saw and interacted with there, sitting with God the Father, Jesus and others would take hours to days for him to have done but he did it all in three minutes, earth time.

Further proof of the truth he was teaching his Pastor father and mom, he told them he had met his dad's father there. His dad showed him a photo of his dad in his later years but the youngster told him that was not his dad. Then dad remembered the scriptures and asked his mother for a mid-life picture of his dad and on receiving it, he placed it for display in the Dinning Room. When the little man passed it he pointed and proclaimed there is the man he met that was the grandpa he had never seen until he died on the Operating Table.

But let's not chase this rabbit to far. Israel, the Fig Tree, bloomed or was born in a day in May of 1948, marking the season for the return of our LORD. (Matt. 24:3-33) Remember that a thousand years is as a day unto our LORD and that all through scripture we see, from the very beginning, God views completion to be filled in sevens. (Be careful not to fall into the trap of numerology here,) The Earth is either entering into it's seventh millennium or has just entered it and the Fig Tree has bloomed, we are entering into a time of world wide tribulation for the Christians. Are you ready?

2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Put no faith in the truthfulness of any book other than Scriptures.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmmm... sounds like many of my dreams. The narrative seems to take hours but it's only a few minutes.

4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You should publish them and make a few bucks. :laugh:

5. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    th1Bill, regarding our time vise our Lord's time I offer up the following.

To me, time, as we know it is like a gravity. It pulls on us constantly.

We have to be to work at a certain time; to school at a certain time; lunch at a certain time; any appointment is set at a certain time; to bed at a certain time, etc. Every minute of every day is controlled by "time" in one way or another.

This realm of time as we know it, is a burden. In our Lord's "time" there are no burdens. Time is as much a curse as is sin. We even have an appointed "time" to die and like most, we are rushing head-long to that point in "time" like a runaway train.

6. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you HAMel,
    Every serious attempt from any sevant of God to awaken the sleeping deserves one serious reply and it looks like you were called.

May God bless you and yours.

7. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

8. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    An iteresting perspective and fully suportable as long as we creat our own theology and do not believe the Word of God to be self interpreting but I do believe to the point that I now know it is self interpreting to the man or the woman that is indwelt with the Hol Spirit.

Your link is appearing in a strange place because the traditional Baptist position is Pretrib and the Tribulation being supported by scripture I'm not going to believe it is a straw man, put on my shinny armour and charge it.

Did you pay any attention to the context of the OP? I'm not at all concerned about people being ready for a pre, post or a midtrib Rapture and the context has nothing to do with the rapture. And my best guess is that you expected a folsh argument but, not and not me.

9. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

You mean like from the dreams of a 4 year old?

You mean we should consider the passage where Jesus curses the fig tree and says it will never produce fruit again?

I'll take the view of the great Baptist CH Spurgeon over those of a 4 year old or rehashed views of Hal Lindsey and Jack Van Impe from 40 years ago, which you are presenting.:love2:

10. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The fig tree. The Jewish Nation?

11. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Serious reply = What I want to hear, eh?

12. thisnumbersdisconnected

That's the great thing about Baptists. We can be dead wrong and still be Baptists. :laugh:

I am Pretrib, Premillennial, traditional dispensational, not because Baptists say it is true, but because God's word says it is true, and I know this from studying and undertaking to understand by the instruction of the Holy Spirit.

I don't accept the teaching or "evidence" in Bill's links, the book, etc., but the position is correct, and traditionally Baptist.

13. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry about being so long but I am in the final stage of MS and it is slowing me down. Yes sir, the fig tree is symbolic Israel.

14. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are looking for a sparring partner, go try on God.

15. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No thanks. If I have offended, I apologize.

My comment about trusting as truth books written by men was serious, however, and still stands.

16. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AMEN!

the bible is ALL that God has given to us for now regarding heaven, and ANY other information given would have to be treated as bogus!

17. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rolf,
    As a new convert I consumed my KJV until my wife feared I might die of Bible induced indigestion. :) I didn't, I just got hungrier and after reading through I wanted to understand the customs and conditions the writters lived with because they do shade what they recorded with their on slant, in every book. For that deep an understanding one must visit the library or purchase several hundred dollars of book, I am guilty of the later and have passed most of them on to a pastor, as he surrendered to the ministry.

There are many books that teach false doctrine today and must be carefully weeded out, a simple matter to accomplish with the advent of the demon filled, I'm told by some,Web you are reading this on. If a writting disagrees with the scriptures, it is worthless. If it agrees with scripture it has been a very fruit growing tool in my hands and the hands of many. My faith and the faith of the men I speak of is grounded in the word of God but just as I baited my hooks when I could still go out on thd ocean, I and others are baiting our hooks as we fish for the new men of God, converts.

Wet the appitite and theyreturn with questions answered only in the Bible.

18. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you deny the tetimonu of all creation? There are a good number of people writting books to help the lost find God by wetting their need for knowledge. You will never reach your maximum Christian potentail as long as you cling to reclusive ideologies. Jesus did command us to go. (Matt. 38:18-20)