1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are you remembering 9/11 Sunday?

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by GODzThunder, Sep 11, 2003.

1. GODzThunder

GODzThunder New Member

Just wondering, what, if anything are you going to do this Sunday in honor/memory of September 11th? Just an idea I have an available outline that I am going to preach titled, "Have you forgotten?" You are all welcome to use it if you so desire.

Sub: Sept. 11th Memorial
    Theme: Remembering Sept. 11th.
    Txt: Deut 8:18

Intro: Sept. 11th marked what may be forever known as the darkest day in all of America’s history. Thousands of innocent lives were taken on that horrid day due to a harsh act of pure terrorism. Yet, in the midst of that darkness a beacon of light shone upon the world, The Church. In that moment the Church stepped forward and offered sanctuary to the hurting and confused. In that moment more people turned back to Jesus than ever before. The passion of the love of Jesus Christ shone throughout the land…

Of course, like all things, time washed memories thin. A popular slogan rang through this nation one the one year anniversary commemorating this horrid day. With that one thought in mind I have a message straight from the heart.

Prop: Every Christian should remember the following truths…

“Have you forgotten?”

I. Freedom.

a. The joy freedom.
    b. The cost of freedom.
    i. Jesus upon Calvary. (His death = our Freedom)
    1. Gal 5:1a Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free,

II. Forgiveness.

a. The condition of the sinner.
    i. Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
    Rom 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
    Rom 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
    1. Condemnation of sin.
    2. Consequence of Sin.
    a. Romans 6:23 the wages of sin is death.
    b. The commitment of the savior.
    i. Romans 5:8 God commendeth his love in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

III. Love.

a. The unconditional love of Jesus Christ.
    i. John 3:16 God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son
    ii. Romans 10:13. Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our church (we observe communion on the first Sunday) SHOULD have done something this past Sunday. Didn't, of course.

Commend those doing something special.