1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ariz. gov. vetoes religious rights bill

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jedi Knight, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and so are adulterers, tax cheaters, child abusers, even atheists.

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course, you are right and many Americans are rich from Satan's wages, or as the poet e.e. Cummings put it:
    And you are right that juries gave cakes to O.J. Simpson and Claus Von Bulow.

And I think that most Christians would bake a cake for Planned Parenthood....or put the hammer and sickle on one for Pete Seeger....etc., etc., etc....

Do you really have to wear a shirt and shoes to enter a fast food restaurant?

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I would normally agree that such a law is ridiculous, perhaps the fact that a judge can force you to do business with those you would normally refuse, indicates there IS a need for such a law????????!!!!!!!!

IOW, if you (liberals) can use the judicial system to force me, a private citizen running a private business, to associate with those I do not choose to, then perhaps I need to us the legislative system to force you to leave me alone.

Now I fully understand that there are some limitations on this freedom, but we are not discussing extremes here; simply day-to-day business, so don't get your panties in a wad claiming I'm going to deprive some baby of milk!!!

4. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Such laws could easily be used against conservative Christians. We wonder why homosexuals are acting the way they act toward those who disagree with them. Well,they are simply returning the favor. It's one thing to judge within the church body but to do so outside in the secular realm is not what we are called to do.

I Corinthians 5:9-13
    9 I wrote to you in a letter not to associate with sexually immoral people- 10 by no means referring to this world's immoral people, or to the greedy and swindlers, or to idolaters; otherwise you would have to leave the world. 11 But now I am writing you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother who is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a reviler, a drunkard or a swindler. Do not even eat with such a person. 12 For what is it to me to judge outsiders? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But God judges outsiders. Put away the evil person from among yourselves.HCSB

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You're a bondservant for Christ. Stop worrying about what this world is trying to do to your rights. This world system belongs to the enemy. The enemy is supposed to treat you this way.

You'll "win" some and you'll "lose" some. Just don't lose focus of the real fight.:thumbs:

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Exactly. That's again why I say if you're going to be a business then be a business and sell your goods. There will always be extremes. But we know that there are unsaved homosexuals, heterosexual fornicators, adulterers, etc, etc. Treat them with the love and respect with which we would treat Christ and prayerfully you'll plant a seed or get an opportunity to point them to the One Who saves.

The enemy wants to pit the Church against homosexuals because the enemy wants to see these people go to hell. He keeps giving the bait and we keep taking it.

Homosexuals are also liars and thieves and covetors and dishonorable towards their parents, forsaking of the Sabbath, and every other sin. We want them to be forgiven of ALL of their sin, not just the homosexual offense. The Church must not let the enemy keep making our relationships with this group of people about ONE sin.

7. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And all Planned Parenthood does is abortions so let's bake them a cake, too. And Michael Jackson wanted a special cake, too.

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is AZ Senate Bill 1062

The Bill does NOT mention h0mosexuals- (hs)

Suppose a group hired a bakery (run by hs) to bake a big cake to celebrate the 5th anniverary of their anti-hs activity?

I wonder how the media would handle that?

9. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    isn't the basic truth though that the law would have provided a means for a christian business to NOT be coeereced and forced to taking gay business on, that it allowed for them to decide if they wante dto partake on religious grounds>

I understood it to mean that the christian restaurant HAD to still serve a gay couple, but could refuse to cater their wedding, by redusing to do business and condoning that as a valid wedding on religious grounds?

seems to be EXACTLY same as govt forcing christian businesses to give out free birth control, even if its against their relious beliefs!

IF that was what the law regulated, she should have signed it!

10. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Arizona was blackmailed by the NFL and the gay lobbies. No doubt Holder was making threats behind the scenes and Obama also. Liberals will bake a cake for anyone so they think that everyone bakes cakes with swastikas. As you suggest, Yeshua1, Obama is trying to make the Little Sisters of the Poor provide birth control against the tenants of Catholicism in spite of all of his promises that he would respect religious tradition.

Gays don't want a cake from Mom and Pop Bakery--they want to sue them and confiscate their business because they find sodomite weddings repulsive. Gays have a closed community with plenty of service of their own. They are very rich people and they get massive federal subsidies.

Someone should sue the Indianapolis Star newspaper for not carrying gay wedding news on their society page.

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I wonder how a clearly homosexual printing business would feel about Westboro going in to get signs printed. Now they must - by law - print those signs. Or as someone said, a black owned bakery needing to bake a cake for a KKK event. I doubt they would.

Honestly, this has nothing to do with being gay. In each instance of a business being sued, the business owner happily served the gay community but it was the gay WEDDING that was the issue. So this whole "discriminating against gays" is not, in fact the truth.

Mark my words: churches will soon be involved in this. Churches will not be able to say "No, I'm sorry, I won't perform your wedding" because that will be discrimination. Some day, each of the pastors here will have to choose - weddings to all or weddings to none. I see that day coming. I really do.

12. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow. I get to use one of my favorite movie lines:

Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth.

13. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For the rest of you, God has commanded us to speak up for the oppressed, and to rebuke the works of darkness. Zaac cares only to justify Sodom and indict God's elect.

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Again, if you're a cake business, and in the business of selling cakes and PP wants a cake, let them have it.

Cakes are sold to business clients all the time who are involved in things that are sinful. It would be different if your cake company says I endorse PP and am baking them a cake. To not endorse them and bake them a cake is about as harmless as Georgia Power providing electrical service to them.

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God wants us to love them, to get them the Gospel of jesus, but NOT to condone and accept their sinful lifestyles as now acceptable behaviour!

Satan has gotten the church in many quarters now saying you can be actively gay and saved to!

16. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dont know about happy people - but the law would have allowed a business not to coeereced to break thier religious faith, regardless of the situation.

The law never once mentioned h0mosexuals.

What would Christians do if the govt passed a law to save energy by forbidding all but emergancy driving on Sunday.
    Germany did that exact thing back in the 70's. Hmmmmmm

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you really see the govt forcing christians to partake of illecit activities against our religious core beliefs as being 'no big deal?"

18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zaac, you can bake the cakes for Planned Parenthood--they like a coat hanger for decoration on them--and Michael Jackson for his sick birthday parties--he likes them with money going to the parents.

Next, Zaac, you will be telling us that the SBC should marry gays so that they can have a church wedding.

And I bet you slander Pope Pius XII as Hitler's Pope, right?

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your post is exactly what is going on here!

the homosexual agenda and their allies in white house and in high places of spiritual darkness are seizng the moment to try to get all of us legisated for "proper behaviour"

And there will come a time where even preaching the gospel of Jesus will be seen as "judgemental and harmful", so will have to decide to obey the state of jesus!

was Nazi germany doing similiar junk in yeras before they went full blown Holocaust?

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Again. This is stupid. Do Christian businesses not do business with sinners? The example Christ seems to set is for us to go out of our way to be kind and loving to these people as He did with the tax collectors and others. Would you refuse to sell water to a thristy "couple" just because they were gay?

You're a business. Sell to a paying customer and love on them. It may just show them that like Christ did for all of us, you are willing to look past their sin and see PEOPLE still in need of a Savior. A little love and kindness goes a long way in opening the door for folks to receive the Gospel.

Stop trying to win this stupid argument and just love people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.