1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arminian Grace

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Luke2427, May 25, 2011.

1. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I thought you couldn't respond until June the tenth. Is that not what you said?

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The project went faster than I thought ... also I put in extra hours. So, I have a bit more time, but not a lot more. From Saturday until June 10th I will not be able to visit the board. I will be in Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia during that time. I have friends in each of these countries that I met here at the seminary in Prague and I will spend a few days the seminary in Tartu, Estonia.

While I am away see if your public library has the Modern Scholars set of CD's entitled, From Jesus to Christianity, lectures by Thomas F. Madden. They speak to many of the comments and questions in this and other threads.

Regardless, you have not answered my question.

3. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just driving by again Allan :)

The last bit says it all so concisely and accurately, particularly the last line, wish I had said not simply "drive by" quoted it.

4. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

But...

you did.

5. quantumfaith

:applause::applause::applause:

6. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I don't see the point in your quote above.

And I am not sure what question you are talking about, but I am sure that I had the last word in our previous conversation and you owe me a response there before I go to answering any more of your questions any where else.

7. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Ya'll stayed up until 3 in the morning arguing over whether or not we must align ourselves with a "nameable" theology??

Ya'll are funny! :laugh: I've got a rolling pin your wives can use to help roll you out of bed this morning! :D (Crabtownboy excepted since he's across the pond. different times zone.)

Luke, you came up with one title you can use to describe me: Baptist. That'll work. The fact that we are both Baptist and completely disagree most of the time? Well, just hate that. We'll have to learn to get along!

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And the title for what you believe??

"THE THEOLOGY OF LUKE 2427"

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And since you are the resident Calvinist that ONE theology is either your theology also, or at the very least a close cousin. Calvinism is simply Augustinianism warmed over. Calvin "worshiped" Augustine, so to speak. We all know that "Saint" Augustine was one of the heroes of the RCC. Your faith is so very closely connected to this apostate church then, is it not?

10. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Because of past exchanges and your abuse of power I do not respond to you.

I'd put you on ignore but since you are a moderator who answers to no one (at least in any meaningful manner whatsoever) as is clear by the horrific things you say and get away with regularly, I will just ignore you without the ignore button.

If you have something you want me to respond to get someone else to say it and I will respond to them.

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I noticed in another thread that is the childish way that you treat Skandelon, another moderator. Such actions won't be tolerated for long.

The point of this post was this. You have arrogantly and derisively called those who disagree with you as those who have "nameless theologies." Now, when someone takes a jab at your theology your feelings are hurt, and you can't take it.

Furthermore, if you haven't noticed all the different "Calvinists" posting, most of them believe differently than you. In fact most of them disagree with your brand of Calvinism. Thus in my previous post I am not far off to say that your theology is "The Theology of Luke2427" for no one else holds to a theology just like yours. Why should you be offended?

Again, why should you be offended? You think you have the right to offend others, but when someone steps on your toes you sound the alarm and make a fuss? I won't call you any names, but do you know what that kind of person is called?

12. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I rest my case.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Non-interaction is not the best case scenario.

14. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

????????

Does anybody know what this means?

15. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

BTW, I am not offended.

I do not care if DHK says monstrous things about Luther and Calvin and Reformed people.

I am just pointing out while being totally unoffended that he does so regularly and gets away with it.

Several others have cited him doing this, too.

It's not just mean ol' luke2427. It is his practice and several other Cals who are more acceptable to the nameless crowd have noticed it.

16. drfuss

drfuss New Member

Luke 2427, you seem to be hung up on the idea that your "nameless crowd" does not have a similiar name like Calvinists. In my post #29, I suggested four possible names that you could use to name us. I will present them here in another format and add a few.

1. Doctrine of Grace
    2. Doctrine of Mercy
    3. Doctrine of Salvation
    4. Doctrines of Mercy, Grace and Salvation
    5. God is Sovereign
    6. Scripture Believing

I added a few more. Of the above six candidate names, how about you (Luke 2427) suggesting one or two of the above for us? We will consider them. Here is your chance to contribute to us adopting a name.

17. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indeed. Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

18. quantumfaith

:applause::applause::applause:

19. quantumfaith