1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arminian Quiz

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Monergist, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Monergist

Monergist New Member

2. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Eph. 1:11 ...[W]ho [God] worketh all things after the counsel of His will.

Q.  If God works all things after the counsel of His will, how much does He work to the will of you, me, Satan, etc.?

A. None.
    B. 20%
    C. 50%
    D. 85%
    E. None of the above. It was and still is God's will that men choose whom they will worship. It has never been His will to force worship otherwise he would have skipped to plan B which was to make the stones cry out.

Is. 14:24  Jehovah of hosts hath sworn, saying , Surely, as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand.

Q. How much of what He wants to come to pass, doesn’t?

A. All of His thoughts will come to pass
    B. Some of His thoughts will not come to pass
    C. A few of His thoughts will not come to pass
    D. A lot of His thoughts will not come to pass
    E. None of the above. God's desires and his sovereign will are different, this question assumes they are one in the same. He desire that all men understand true doctrine but it is evident by this board that some are mistaken proving that God's desires aren't always carried out. Why? Because He has sovereignly willed that man's reason and volition has a role.

Rom. 8:29  For whom He foreknew, He also foreordained to be conformed to to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many bretheren: and whom He foreordained, them He also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom He justified, them He also glorified.

Q. How many do you think have been called, justified, or glorified that He did not first foreknow or foreordain?

A. Write in your answer: He foreknew them all.

John 10:14  I am the good shepherd; and I know my own, and mine own know me, even as the Father knoweth me, and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Q. Where does this scripture say that Jesus laid down his life for the sheep and the goats

A. It doesn’t
    B. It doesn’t, but I just know He meant the goats, too
    C. 2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that BOUGHT them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

John 6:65  No man can come unto me, except it be given unto him of the Father.

Q. How many come to Jesus that were not first given to him by the Father?

A. 0: It was only granted for some of Israel to believe, the rest were temporarily hardened.
    B. 5,000
    C. 5,000,000
    D. 10,000,000

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come unto me

Q. How many that the Father gave Him will not come to Him?

A. Two
    B. A couple of thousand
    C. A couple of million
    D. Trick question, it says they will all come unto him
    E. Actually one won't because he is the son of perdition, but he was chosen for a different purpose as the end of this chapter explains.

John 10:28  I [Jesus] give unto them the (true followers, or ‘sheep’) eternal life; and they shall never perish, and no one shall snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who hath given them unto me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.

Q. How many sheep do you think have been snatched from either God’s or Jesus’ hands?

A. None: But proof that they can't be taken out is not proof that they can't walk out. Though I admit that is debatable from both perspectives.
    B. 50,000
    C. 500,000
    D. 1,000,000

Rev. 13:8  And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. Rev. 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Q. Considering this, and other related scripture, God having to blot out a name from the book of life would mean:

A. God makes mistakes.
    B. Some have been snatched from Jesus’ hands?
    C. God didn’t know that some of His sheep were really goats.
    D. None of the above.
    E. Those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come fell away eventhough the scripture warns them not to do that numerous times.

Q. Could a person whose name was written in the book of life from the foundation of the world not have become a Christian (or have saving faith in God if born before Jesus)?

A. No
    B. Yes: The Bible does indicate that some names could be blotted out.
    C. This confuses me, but I’m going to believe the Bible.
    D. This confuses me, and I’m going to pretend this isn’t in the Bible (be honest).

Matt. 13  10  And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Q. Jesus himself declared that one of the reasons why He spoke in parables was that the truth might be concealed from whom it was not intended. Is this fair?

A. No.
    B. Yes. You must understand that he is hiding it from people who have continually rejected his revelation for years (Jews). BTW, why hide a message from people born without the ability to willingly believe it? That doesn't fit your system at all. He is also hiding it from them for their own good. He is going to accomplish redemption for the world through their unbelief and later they could be saved (Romans 11:14).
    C. Who are we to question God?
    D. I’m going to pretend I didn’t see that verse.

Rom. 8:28 To them that love God all things work together for good, even to them that are called according to His purpose.

Q. How many things do not work for the good of those who love God?

A. 10% of all things
    B. 40% of all things
    C. 85% of all things
    D. Trick question, the Bible says all things work for the good of those who love Him

Mark 14:30 And Jesus said unto him (Peter), Verily I say unto thee, that thou, today, even this night before the cock crow twice shall deny me thrice.

Questions:

A. Could Peter not have denied Jesus three times before the cock crowed twice?

Answer here: Nope. God knows all things. Who is dening that?

B. Did Jesus make Peter deny him, or did Peter do it of his own free will?

Answer here: His own free will

Exodus 4:11 [God Himself asks the rhetorical question] Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or dumb? Who gives him his sight or makes him blind? Is it not I the Lord?

Q. Is this fair?

A. Yes.
    B. No. : Life is not fair.
    C. Who are we to question God?

D. I’m going to pretend this isn’t in the Bible.

I look forward to seeing my score professor. :rolleyes:

3. npetreley

npetreley New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Is this something you found on the Internet, or is it your quiz? It's a real crackup, thanks.

4. Skandelon

That's funny I thought of crack when I read it too! Is someone smoking it? [​IMG]

5. Monergist

Monergist New Member

I found it ;)

6. Monergist

Monergist New Member

"...proof that they can't be taken out is not proof that they can't walk out."

Amazing [​IMG] [​IMG] :rolleyes:

7. Skandelon

Actually, I do think that point could be debated from either perspective, as I indicated, but sense you brought it up. Seriously, think about it. Christ could be showing that no outside person or thing could remove them from Christ's hands of protection. Does it really say anything about the person's ability to remove himself from God's hands? I'm just asking.

8. Skandelon

I mean think about it. I could tell my son, "Son, when you are in my house nothing is going to harm you because I will protect you and nothing can take you away from me." But with those words would I even be attempting to address what my son could do in regard to leaving the protection of my home? Is that even being discussed in this passage? I think that is a valid question.