1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Arminianism another gospel?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by evangelist6589, Jun 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If it's God's word that Jesus would be a failure, then produce at least one verse which says it that. If you can't, then it IS philosophy, whether you want to admit it or not.

Btw, I'm speaking about a distinction between the inner man and the outer man.

EVERY person will be raised bodily. And scripture says it is because of Adam that all men die physically, and because of Christ all men will be raised. 1Corinthians 15:21-22 says it plainly.

Do you believe that all men will be raised bodily, or not?

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

how can you claim it's man centered...and also it's not heresy? Anything man centered is heresy. Talking out of both sides of your mouth.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

This is question beggeging, assuming your point as truth and the results of Christ dying for all stemming from your view.

Was every last drop of the Passover lamb's blood used?

You believe God will go an eternity unpaid for the transgressions committed against Him? Finite men paying an infinite penalty for eternity does just that, leaves Him eternally unpaid for the crimes against Him. The true judge of righteousness was eternally paid at Calvary when it was proclaimed it is finished. All sin, death and the curse were satisfied at that moment.

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    but ONLY effectual towards the sins of those whom God intended the death of Christ to be paid for!

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That doesn't make any sense. People are residents of Perdition. God's wrath is still meted out. His judgement still falls.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You guys need to quit saying such crazy things that are just no true.

What I believe happens here when statements like this are made is that we end up talking past each other.

7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will reword his post

The above amendments might be a better way of phrasing things. Convicted, what do you think?

8. Winman

Winman Active Member

Calvinism is man-centered, it teaches that God chooses persons not "in him" as Ephesians 1:4 says, but "to be in him".

http://www.entrewave.com/view/reformedonline/Chosen by God.htm

Calvinism teaches that God chooses the MAN. God chooses the man "to be in Jesus". You are not chosen because you believed in Jesus, you were chosen "to believe" in Jesus.

That is not what scripture teaches. Scripture teaches we are chosen "in him", not "to be in him". This is tremendous error.

We are only elect because Jesus is God's chosen one, his elect. When we believe on him we are placed "in him" in time (Rom 16:7).

God in his foreknowledge could foresee those who would believe on Jesus in time "in him". This is the proper view and exalts Jesus as the "chosen one, mine elect".

Isa 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Mat 12:18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.

#28 Winman, Jun 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2014
  9. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

If Christ's atonement is bound to redemption, then if He died for all, then His redemption for them failed.

Yes, on the last day. His sheep will have glorified bodies....the goats won't...

10. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

What I meant by my last post, Brother JamesL is those who enter into that everlasting covenant have received the redeeming of Christ's blood. If Christ died for them and they die(d) lost, He failed to redeem them.

11. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

No sin will go unpaid for. Either Christ pays the debt, or the lost will.

Sin, death, and the curse was paid for for His sheep. The goats will pay for theirs in torment.

12. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Willis,
    I know what you meant, and I won't get nit picky if you didn't use the most effective way if conveying it.

But I'm gonna keep asking you, brother. You've gotta gimme one scripture verse that says, in plain language, without reading into it, what you stated.

You said that if Jesus died for someone who ended up lost, then that necessarily means Christ is a failure.

Where is that stated in scripture? Just one verse, and I'll concede. Otherwise, I won't quit hounding you for that one verse.

Scripture clearly says that Jesus is the Savior of all men, especially those who believe. Do you believe that scripture, or not?

13. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not bodily. In Adam all die physically, but Christ died to redeem the bodies of believers and unbelievers. If His death did not atone for the body, then none will be raised.

But scripture says that all men will be raised. Do believe John 5:28-29, or not?

14. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Jesus said all that the Father gives Him comes. If all were given to Him, then myriads don't come, then how did Christ not fail?

15. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Christ redeems the soul, not the flesh, at the point of conversion, that is. The flesh dies as a result of not being redeemed. At the resurrection, the flesh is changed from corruption to incorruption, from weakness to power, from dishonor to honor.

Yes.

ETA....what I mean is at conversion, the soul is clothed in Christ's righteousness. The physical body still has the stain of sin all over it, and it dies due to that. The converted soul never dies, it's taken to God to never taste death.

#35 convicted1, Jun 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2014
  16. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't believe anyone said tat all men were given to Christ. Can you quote exactly what you're referencing?

But there is also a future redemption, not only the one at conversion

Romans 8:23 says that we are waiting for the redemption of the body.

Ephesians 4:30 says that believers are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Do you believe these scriptures, or not?

17. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Wouldn't universal atonement fall under that umbrella?

Of course. I edited my previous post whilst you were posting my last one. Please reread and reply, if I am not clear enough....

18. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    that does help. Thanks

No, Willis. The soul is not "clothed" in the righteousness of Christ. Read Hebrews 9-10. Christ came for a better ministry. The blood of bulls and goats "clothed" or covered sins. But the blood of Jesus REMOVES sin.

Hebrews 10:
    4 - For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

11 - Every priest stands daily ministering and offering time after time the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins

14 - For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified.

22 - let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience

Jesus' blood washes away our sins. The inner man is washed in regeneration (Titus 3:5)

However, the Greek word for regeneration in Titus 3:5 is used in one other place - Matthew 19:28, where Jesus says "in the regeneration when the Son of Man will sit on His glorious throne..."

He is clearly talking about the resurrection, for it is when He returns that we will be resurrrected, and He sits on His glorious throne.

The point is that Titus 3:5 says that regeneration as a washing. In that context, the inner man is already saved by this washing

But Matt 19:28, speaking of the resurrection, uses the same word - regeneration, a washing.

The physical body will be washed at the resurrection, just like the inner man is at conversion.

We don't have to wait for the inner man to be cleansed, it has been perfected for all time. That is why Paul said "It is no longer I who do it, but sin in me, that is, in my flesh....Who will save me from this body of death? Thanks be to Christ Jesus..."

19. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I agree that His blood cleanses us. But it also blots them out. It's when we're clothed in Christ's righteousness, God sees us through His Son. The wedding garment we get is Christ's righteousness. The Prodigal Son's father gave him the best robe, a picture of what I'm conveying. It's like God referred to Adam & Eve as "Adam", Adam being the head of their covenant. God saw Eve through Adam, her head...see 1 Cor. 11. He sees the bride through the husband....they are no longer twain, but one flesh.

When we're saved, we're His bride, and we're one w/Christ, and God sees us through Jesus, our Husband.

20. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

The blood of bulls & goats didn't clothe their sins, either. It merely pushed them ahead, year-to-year. There was a rememberance of their sin every year, too. It Jeremiah 31, and Hebrews 8 & 10, it says their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Christ's righteosness covers our sins, blots them out, washes them away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.