1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Arminianism another gospel?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by evangelist6589, Jun 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed.....

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its not a question of getting repaid, for ONLY death of jesus has infinite worth to do that, its more that they are receiving their just due for sins willing commited by the lost...

God has to have eternal consequences for those judgement, for Him to be fair...

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So when you say all creation, are you stating that even sinners lost will one day get right again with God somewher in the future?

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NO!

The payment of redemption has been made to Him, thru the death of Jesus, as ALL those whose sins were intended to be covered were fully covered!

That is why definite atonement fits the bible best!

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, but Convicted1 said: "Sin is paid for in either the Sinbearer or the sinner,", so yes, he made it about sin being paid for, and I responded to his point.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Wow, reading comprehension is sure lacking lately...

Sinners made their choice in unbelief. They have been justly sentenced for their unbelief. We are saved by belief. In both instances the sin debt has been incurred.

Animals, vegetation, stars, planets, etc, are under the curse as well...yet the curse will be lifted from them even though they never sinned nor are able to believe. If Christ's death didn't pay for mans sin against God that brought this judgement on ALL creation, ALL creation apart from the limited Atoners remain under the curse since Christ didn't die to lift the curse as well..

Limited atonement is a very selfish, self absorbed doctrine that fails to take into account exactly who and what sin affected.

#66 webdog, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
  7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Limited atonement ONLY refers to the extent of the saved, how God applies it towards the lost, as jesus died for his elect in Him...

Also means that the creation was redeemed, to be fully realized in the end of days...

8. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Most of the Arminians i know - say that about Calvinism.

in Christ,

Bob

9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good point. I would think anything that places man in the place of God is heresy - not, of course, that Arminianism is actually “man centered,” that would be a foolish statement (although I do believe Arminianism to be error).

I don’t know that this is accurate, particularly since it places God in a position of victimhood (lacking “payment”). Perhaps it’s just the wording…I don’t know.

10. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.