1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Arrogance or Contending for the Truth?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Reformed, Feb 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The Word of God proves you lie. You lie and you deliberately lie taking every advantage of your position as a moderator! I know what Paul said and I have shown that the first three Covenants were instituted before Israel existed.

What about the Covenant first mentioned in Jeremiah 31:31-34, DHK ,do you deny it is the New Covenant instituted by the shed blood of Jesus Christ? That truth is shown in Hebrews 8:6-13.

Hebrews 8:6-13.
    6. But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
    7. For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
    8. For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
    9. Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
    10. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
    11. And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
    12. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
    13. In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

The above Scripture speaks for itself and needs no explaining to those who believe The Word of God.

****************************************************************************************************

Perhaps the following blasphemous statement explains your propensity to deliberately lie about the Word of God.

From post #88 the General Baptist Discussions; Divine Illumination/ Divine Enablement Thread:

And then you have the audacity on the same thread to say:

I believe it is clear to everyone who has read this thread the type of person you are. You continuously and deliberately lie hoping I will give you the opportunity to ban me.

I will not suggest you take up your argument with God!

2. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OR,
    I agree your contention that the church is not a blip on the radar and Israel's promises stay in place. I basically agree with your post because I do not believe you are advocating a theory called replacement theology that the church replaces Israel. Each has a role to play in God's purposes.

Also I will note as an administrator on another board similar to this one but larger, if I made the statements quoted by the moderator in your post the Owner of the board would get rid of me in short order.

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Ehhhh, DHK's safe. He's their pet bulldog...

I just hate that I can't put him on ick-nore because of his lofty position...

I hate his man-centric theology....

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No, the Word of God doesn't prove I lie. You simply don't pay attention to Romans 9:4 and the context in which it is written. You have not yet addressed that Scripture. Instead you attack me instead of the position. One who actually debates would attack the message not the messenger or the person writing the message.
    First deal with Romans 9:4. What does it mean? Why does Paul say the covenants and promises are given to Israel?

Actually it doesn't speak "for itself." It is "meaningless unless the one who is quoting it tells us what it means. To you it means something far different than it does to me. Why? Because you ignore the context.

Take a lesson from Ezra.
    Nehemiah 8:1 And all the people gathered themselves together as one man...
    (2) And Ezra the priest brought the law before the congregation both of men and women, and all that could hear with understanding...(3) the people were attentive unto the book of the law...(4) And Ezra the scribe stood upon a pulpit of wood, which they had made for the purpose...(5) And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people...(7) caused the people to understand the law: and the people stood in their place...
    Nehemiah 8:8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.
    --He just didn't read. He caused them to understand. He made sure that they had the right understanding.

Just because you post scripture don't assume everyone agrees with you. They don't.
    What you have said is against the rules. It is a false accusation. You should think twice before you should say such things.
    What I said was in the same context as above. Simply posting a passage of scripture in answer to a post is meaningless. Don't assume that everyone has the same interpretation. Unless you give the meaning it is meaningless. There is nothing blasphemous about that. Your method of copy and paste, copy and paste without comment is indeed "meaningless." I stand by what I say.
    I was answering you using your very words. I was quoting you.
    Yes, I teach. Is that a sin?

I can't ban you; only the administration can do that.
    I haven't lied. You keep falsely accusing me of that without evidence.
    Where have I lied? Don't falsely accuse a person without evidence.

It wasn't my argument. If you have a problem in believing Romans 9:4, then to the Lord about it.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Please show where I have a "Man-centric" theology using direct quotes.
    Don't make accusations that you can't back up.

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

You repeatedly state man conjurs up faith from within themself. If that be the case, man justifies himself. Man-centric to the (rotten) core...

7. OldRegular

Don't forget this little gem:

His post #88 on General Baptist Discussions, Divine Illumination/ Divine Enablement.

If that is not man-centered then what is? Then there is always the pope and the RC Teaching Magisterium!

He even posted the same nonsense in the above post #104:

It really does my heart good to know that he would accept my interpretation, just as he does my Signature.

***********************************************************************************************************************

#107 OldRegular, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015
  8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Here is what the Scriptures say.
    Except ye be as little children ye cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.
    What was Christ speaking of? They go to their parents in faith. They don't go to others (normally), but rather to those that they trust--those that they know will protect, guide, and provide for them. They have confidence, trust, which is faith in their parents. Jesus said that unless you be as these children, in their simplicity, in their faith, you cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Second. The source of faith is the Word of God.
    Romans 10:17--Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.
    Faith doesn't come in a mystical way by God. It comes by the Word of God. That is what the Bible says, and it can't be contradicted by a mere man's ultimate decision just because his name is Calvin or Augustine. The Bible says that the source of faith for the unbeliever is the Word of God.
    Why?
    He must be convinced that the message of the Bible is true. He must have confidence that the gospel is true. For some reason the Muslim Jihadist has a blind faith that if he blows himself up he will immediately enter into a glorious paradise. What is the basis of his faith. There is none--just the word of another Muslim.
    The basis of our faith is the resurrection of Jesus Christ which is grounded in history. The gospel makes sense because it is factual, and not mythical. One can be convinced of it.

What must I do to be saved?
    Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.
    --Where did the faith come from?
    He was convinced
    1. By the testimony of Paul and the gospel.
    2. By the supernatural phenomena surrounding him.
    3. By the conviction of the Holy Spirit. The ministry of the Holy Spirit is still the same as it was in Jesus day. It is described in John 16:8-11. He convicts of sin.

Third. Faith is described as a spiritual gift in 1Cor.12, and as fruit of the Spirit in Gal.5. God does not give either spiritual gifts or spiritual fruit to the unregenerate. That is unheard of.
    Where does faith come from? It comes from the Word of God.
    How is a man born again? Through the Spirit, yes.
    However, the Word cannot be ignored.

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
    --Born again by the Word of God. This truth cannot be ignored.

Salvation is all of God, true.
    For by grace are ye saved through faith.
    Salvation is in Christ alone, through grace alone by faith alone.

9. OldRegular

That statement is completely contradicted by your statement:

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

As long as you keep quoting this statement out of its original context:

Originally Posted by DHK
    The scripture remains meaningless until someone gives it meaning.

It is a completely meaningless statement! :laugh::laugh:

And you simply embarrass yourself.

11. OldRegular

The statement stands alone:

But then you double down in post #93!

And then in post #100 you present a real Jewel:

All the above is from General Baptist Discussions; Divine Illumination/ Divine Enablement Thread:

****************************************************************************************************

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Does it make a difference? Any statement taken out of its context is meaningless.
    Psalm 14:1 ..."there is no God."
    How much meaning does it have to you?

You have a habit of taking things out of their context and then making a big fuss about it.

13. OldRegular

You can talk about taking things out of context all you wisk DHK but when you make essentially the same statement on three different posts that excuse begins to sound hollow, particularly when you double down as you did!

But then you double down in post #93!

And then in post #100 you present a real Jewel:

But I am through with you. Say whatever makes you happy!

14. jonathan.borland

jonathan.borland Active Member

BAPTIST BOARD POSTING RULES:

3. Show grace to the other posters. When someone disagrees with you, discuss it; but be slow to offend, and eager to get into the Word and find the answers. Remember, when discussing passionate issues, it is easy to go too far and offend. Further, if we are "earnestly contending for the faith" it would be unrealistic not to expect at times to be misunderstood or even ridiculed. But please note that your words can sometimes be harsh if used in the wrong way. The anger of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

4. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. The board has an edit button enabled. We encourage you to use it and edit your own words. Moderators and Administrators will be visibly proactive in dealing with potentially offensive situations. Posts of a violent or threatening nature, either implicitly or explicitly, will be deleted, and the poster's membership revoked. We encourage personal problems with other members be resolved privately via email or personal messaging.

15. jonathan.borland

jonathan.borland Active Member

"Personal attacks will not be tolerated."

Is this some kind of sick joke?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.