1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Article on Biblical Preservation

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by sdnesmith, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

IT'S A KJVO PLOT! (no wait,) !Oops I, timed out on the edit thing. Sorry for the double post. The second one is the 1769 one! :D

Where have you been Ed? Still cataloging straw men?

Lacy

2. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

You seem to be confused again. I also have a copy of the 1873 KJV done by Frederick Scrivener. In it he changed many of the revisions of 1762/1769 back to the reading of 1611. He explains that some of those changes should not have been made and that there was no evidence to support the changes.

Scrivener's 1873 KJV is well known to be the most accurate KJV ever published. After completing the 1873 KJV Scrivener produced the TR which bears his name wherein he looked for, and found (with 6 exceptions) the Greek texts and wording followed by the KJV translators.

It amazes me that a KJVO will defend Scrivener's work on the TR but condemn his KJV, which restores many of the 1611 readings and is, in fact, the most accurate KJV in print!