1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured As a citizen of the USA, do you feel safe?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Dec 5, 2015.

?
  1. Yes ...

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. No ...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not like I once did ...

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  4. No opinion ...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is it?

Do you have a full proof method of being able to safely discern who is and who isn't going to commit acts of terrorism against the United States? Can your method guarantee that any one person coming over our border is completely harmless? Right now, we are at war with an evil. An evil that can disguise its true intentions until it is too late to stop them from acting out their evil on others!

I can see your side to this, C4K, but unless you have a full proof plan, I have to disagree with you! I have always lived by the mindset of its far much better to err on the side of caution than to err and cause harm to even one individual because I was afraid to make an error!

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Unless the plan. like the judge's is completely irrational. Her idea would result in every non-American citizen living in the US, no matter how law abiding and beneficial to America, being sent home. It would also result in every American living abroad being sent back to America. The economic costs would be phenomenal! Innocent people's lives and livelihoods would be destroyed because of fear. (Excepting of course dual citizens). Virtually every American missionary around the world would be sent home. Cancellation of visa programmes goes both ways.

Her advocacy to sacrifice privacy also scares me. Is anyone willing to trust the government with ALL of your personal details. Once that is in place what is to stop them from going after other 'religious extremists' like, for example, Bible believing Christians? I am not a big Franklin fan, but he nails it with his famous 'Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.'

No method is fool-proof. This plan however is foolhardy.

3. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, that is your opinion, but I fail to see you giving something that would counter her plan, and provide the kind of safety and security for Americans that I was asking you to provide! It is easy to criticize, brother, it is more difficult to provide a viable alternative!

Granted some folks are going to the extremes, but that is the emotional "fight or flight" response to what scares them! Not everyone is going to be level headed, like you propose; so, maybe somewhere between your view and hers is where we need to draw the line and start working on making america safer! Will it be completely safe? I doubt it. But it is a beginning!

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I don't claim to have the answers.

That doesn't mean I can't recognise the massive flaws in this plan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah, so now you are able to look into men's souls and see their feelings?

Lol...ok.

6. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You busted me. :)

That word "afraid" just slips in there when one doesn't necessarily mean to feel fear. Like I wanted to ride my bike to work the other day, but I was afraid it was going to rain.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I quoted your post I was not just talking to you specifically. Your post was the umpteenth one that had used fear suggesting to respond in any way would be to act out of fear. I really should not have quoted anyone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah! You said, I didn't. Whistling

9. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You must have some sort of reading comprehension problem. I have never said I didn't have a strong desire to live. I said I do not carry out of fear. I carry because I believe in being prepared.

If you are not going to be honest I am going to put you back on "ignore."

10. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can carry a gun without being afraid. Your words were that if I wasn't afraid, I wouldn't be packing.

So, who knows my feelings, you or me?

• Like Like x 1
  11. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can live with you placing me on ignore. :mad:

12. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well,the Bible says that God has that ability. I'll pass. I was just sayin' that you said it, I didn't! Of course, I don't want to even pretend to know what you think. But, I also don't want to get involved in a urinating contest with you .... Selah!