1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

As Baptist?????????????

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by KobrinFamily, Aug 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Christian is who who has Jesus as their Lord and saviour...

the"label"idenifies us as to which Christian 'group" we agree with on doctrines

Such as baptist/methodist/presby etc

Christian is the 'term" we oroginally ALL got labeled with, and that was before any baptist Churches were started!

2. JesusFan

IF the actually add water Baptism as MUST to salvation, than is adding a work to Grace, and is a "false Gospel"

trick here is that IF you hold that Jesus died for your sins, saved by faith in Him, but add another requirement, does that save you still

3. JesusFan

The RCC is NOT example of a Church teaching Gospel though...
    It might believ in Chrsitian truths, BUT since it misses the real Gospel, it cannot even be considered as being a real Christian Church in its officialteachings...

I was thinking more along lines of a baptist and a conservative presby, disagree on baptism modes, events of second coming, but still have SAME Gospel, so fellowship can be around same masic salvation and same Lord!

4. JesusFan

basic dividing line would be on the nature of the Gospel of Christ...

Do they hold to the Gospel of Bible, saved by grace alone, faith alone?

If yes, than we will also have to agree on the core essentials of the Faith, and have freedom to disagree on those "secondary issues!"

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Again, How can two walk together unless they be agreed?
    Who are you going to admit into the fellowship of your church unless your church is interdenominational and accepts all denominations? We have distinct doctrine that makes us Baptist because of our doctrine. If you want to have fellowship with those that baptize by other methods then go their churches not Baptist churches. Your logic doesn't make any sense. Why remain a Baptist if you don't truly accept Baptist doctrine? Join a community church whose doctrine is wishy-washy and have a smorgasbord of doctrine--something for everyone and take a stand on nothing.

6. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

DHK...

Nonsense

You can have sweet fellowship with any believer or group of believers who are in agreement regarding the foundational truths.

If we see some things differently then they do, there is nothing wrong with entering into discussion with them. Sometimes that can be beneficial for both sides.

But we should not be condemnatory towards them. They are our brothers and sisters. We love them and should continue to fellowship with them.

I agree

But we should of course be willing to spend time with them to share the gosple with them.

I agree. But we must keep in mind that part of the "commands" that Christ has given us is to not be "standoffish" towards sinners and lost people. Christ Himself was criticized for spending time with them and being kind to them.

7. JesusFan

Amusing, ironic, and quite sad that you seem to forgotten on eof the MAIn baptist distinctives that set us "apart" from others...

That We do allow for freedom and diversity, individual choice, in matters of theology and the Bible!

As long as the held beliefs conform to the bible!

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Baptists fled to America because of their belief in soul liberty; religious tolerance--the right to believe freely what they believed the Bible taught without interference from the State of threat of persecution. Baptists fought for that right more than any other group, denomination or sect. They left a trail of blood.

The basic premise of that principle of soul liberty is summed in such a statement as this: "I will fight for the right of a J.W. to practice his religion freely even though I oppose everything he believes." He has the right to practice his religion. That is soul liberty.

Soul liberty is not allowing others into membership into my church with divergent beliefs such as different modes of baptism. If they want to believe that then they can find a wishy-washy church that believes that, or perhaps a Presbyterian Church or some other denomination that agrees with what they believe. Why join a church when they don't agree with its statement of faith. You don't make sense!!

9. JesusFan

Again, NOT referring to membership/joining local Church!

We are referring to the fact that per the Bible, we MUST fellowship with, not seperate from. ALL Believers in real Gospel and real jesus, regardless of which Church label on their local assembly!

there is an exception granted us in Bible, "shunning" those who say they are saved and walk in willful disobedience to ways of God!

10. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are referring to the fact that per the Bible, we MUST fellowship with, not seperate from. ALL Believers in real Gospel and real jesus, regardless of which Church label on their local assembly!

It's very possible I'm missing something here. I know many individuals who are not Christian and while I'm friendly with them and have witnessed to many, the following comes to mind: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

I could be applying the above out of context but I really don't "fellowship" with non-believers or those hung up in religious circles and do separate myself from them often and distance myself from their lifestyles.

11. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :thumbs::thumbs::1_grouphug::thumbs:

12. JesusFan

Do you believe that there are Christians who membership in other churches than Baptist?

That methodists/presbys/ etc are all Christian churches/groups IF they adhere to real Gospel?

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It is a big IF. I don't go looking for believers in other denominations. Most of those particular denominations are not evangelical and filled with rank liberalism having left the fundamentals of the faith.

On another note it is very important to choose carefully who your friends are. Will you fellowship with those who will lift you up spiritually, exalt the name of Jesus, be able to teach you and draw you closer to Christ? Those are the friends that you need. Those are the ones that you need to seek out for fellowship. Those in other denominations aren't going to meet those standards (unless you are in the wrong church already).

I know of a young person who chose the wrong friends. The friends she chose were friends of the world. They dragged her down. They took her down the road of worldliness, of having fun and putting the world before God. Today it is hard to tell if she is a Christian or not. She chose the wrong path--the wrong friends. What a difference it would have made in her life had she chosen more spiritual friends in her life!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.