1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Asbury College - another revival?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by qwerty, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

'all the multitude of the disciples...'

Yes, refresh my mind as to where in the N.T. that is says that Judas did as noted in your p.s. This may be a fact and I just forgot it. Book, chapter and verse will be perfect.

2. eloidalmanutha

eloidalmanutha New Member

Yes, refresh my mind as to where in the N.T. that is says that Judas did as noted in your p.s. This may be a fact and I just forgot it. Book, chapter and verse will be perfect.
    </font>[/QUOTE]You are being particularly obtusive. Scripture says " ***ALL*** THE MULTITUDE OF DISCIPLES". They were the disciples of Jesus and this was one of the most important focal points of His ministry. Get real :rolleyes:

Mark 11:10 Blessed is the coming kingdom of our father David in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!
    11 And Jesus entered into Jerusalem, and into the temple. And having looked around at all things, the hour already being late, He went out to Bethany with the Twelve.

Mark 6:7 ¶ And He called the Twelve near and began to send them out two by two. And He gave them authority over the unclean spirits,
    8 and charged them that they take nothing in the way, except only a staff; no bag, no bread, no copper in the belt;
    9 but having tied on sandals, and not putting on two tunics.
    10 And He said to them, Wherever you enter into a house, remain there until you go out from there.
    11 And as many as will not receive you, nor hear from you, having gone out from there, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony to them. Truly I say to you, It will be more bearable for Sodom or Gomorrah in Judgment Day than for that city.
    12 And going out, they proclaimed that men should repent.
    13 And they cast out many demons, and anointed with oil and healed many sick ones.

3. eloidalmanutha

Ray,
    Judas worshipped Jesus - let's look at Matt 14:

22 ¶ And immediately Jesus made His disciples get into a boat and to go before Him to the other side until He should dismiss the crowds.

31 And immediately stretching out the hand, Jesus took hold of him, and said to him, Little-faith, why did you doubt?
    32 And coming into the boat, the wind ceased.
    33 And those in the boat came and worshiped Him, saying, Truly, You are the Son of God.

4. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

eloidalmanutha,

A lot of people know Jesus is the Son of God, but this does not mean that they have invited Him into their hearts in a true and lively trust in Christ. If Judas would have truly believed in Jesus, our Lord, if you will--would have 'cut Judas a break' just as He did for Peter on three different occasions. Jesus said He prayed for Peter 'that his faith fail not,' but Christ never prayed for Judas because he was a false believer.

Jesus was right by what He said in John 6:70. Judas was hardly a true worshiper of the Lord; our Lord called Judas a devil. Right or wrong?!

Judas followed the Lord so he could steal from the money bag.

5. eloidalmanutha

RAY -
    you have totally twisted the entire context. this is what I originally stated - please read carefully . . .

quote:
    Originally posted by Ray Berrian:
    Hillclimber,

You said, 'Our emotions are a virtual playground for evil forces.'

6. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

hmmm....sounds like Hinn and company :eek: I wonder what Christ would have said to 'ol Benny?

7. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Boanerges,

You said, 'hmmm....sounds like Hinn and company I wonder what Christ would have said to 'ol Benny?'

8. eloidalmanutha

You said, 'hmmm....sounds like Hinn and company I wonder what Christ would have said to 'ol Benny?'
    </font>[/QUOTE]John 17:11 is based on that all are unified in Christ Who is the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE. If you are not in way or the truth or the Life, then you are not in Spiritual unity with God.

9. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Bpamerges,

I agree with you.

Ray

10. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Sorry for the misspelling of the personal name. I agree with the person from Michigan who made the statement about John 17:11.

For the most part only the Lord knows who is in His fold/flock of sheep.

11. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

In John 17:11 Jesus said that all who who believe and love Christ should receive each other as being one in the Lord, even as the Trinity is one.

Two things are required to be saved. Believing and trusting in Jesus as Lord and Savior as pin pointed in John 3:16 and I believe the other criterion in being a true Christian is to believe that Jesus was and is presently Divine [I John 4:2]

Other areas of Christian development are vital as people grow in Christ but are not essential for a sinners standing before Him saved and in right relationship to Him. There are a lot of Christian in the world who have made their peace with God, and yet their theology might have been accepted as true when in fact it is incorrect. [​IMG]