1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ashton Kutcher "opportunity looks a lot like hard work"

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    “I believe that opportunity looks a lot like hard work,” Kutcher began with his first point. “When I was 13, I had my first job with my dad carrying shingles up to the roof, and then I got a job washing dishes at a restaurant, and then I got a job in a grocery store deli, and then I got a job at a factory sweeping Cheerio dust off the ground.”

He went on: “And I’ve never had a job in my life that I was better than. I was always just lucky to have a job. And every job I had was a stepping stone to my next job, and I never quit my job until I had my next job. And so opportunities look a lot like work.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...rd-work-and-generosity-at-teen-choice-awards/

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gotta be one of those " hates the poor" conservatives that Crabby talks about.
    Can't think of any other reason he would want to toot his horn about his past "opportunities"!;)

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand where he is coming from, though I did not live in a village, town or city so my first jobs were rather different.

First job, thinning peaches in orchards
    Second job, picking peaches that same summer in the same orchards.
    Third job, washing dishes in a restaurant in the county seat
    Fourth job, working in a tailpipe and muffler manufacturing factory
    Fifth job, CW and teletype operator in the Army
    Sixth job, working an a film library at the college
    Seventh job, shelving books in a public library near the college

Each job taught me lessons and each led on to the next. Opportunities do not fall free into our laps. Opportunities do look like work .... and work leads to other opportunities through more work.

I worked with poor people. I was poor. Maybe that is why I have sympathy for the poor and elderly. Nothing was handed to me free ... I had to work.

#3 Crabtownboy, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013
  4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Me too.:laugh:

You sure you just want peace?

5. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are to help those who cannot help themselves. Often the help is helping them to realize work will not make them sick. Thankful for parents who were not afraid to teach me this lesson.

6. thisnumbersdisconnected

I gotta say, if this is really a quote from Ashton Kutcher, I now see him in a whole new light -- until the next time he puts his foot in his mouth, anyway.