1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Asking for help again, please

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by willowdee, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

We sing and announce at the end of service that the "door is open", not that we opened but that Jesus opened it with His blood and if any feel that God has forgive them and want a home with us, to come on up and give their hand and tell the church what God has done for them, not what we did for them.

Eph 1:13In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

We didn't set it up this way, God did. We are just following what God told us to do.

BBob,

2. skypair

skypair Active Member

Congrats, Warren! ONE YEAR OLD! NEAT! And welcome to BB! :wavey:

At 1 year old (17 in natural years), I was still spiritually "hyperactive." They didn't have those pills 44 years ago or I'd a been taking them for sure! :laugh:

Anyway, God's given me a WONDERFUL life -- "abundant" as He promised in John -- and every day a blessing. I'm retired now and hope to see you around.

skypair

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps you should make it a matter of prayer. I'm sure you will tell me that you have, but I mean solely a matter of prayer. (Although, I'm not sure what confidence you can have in prayer if you don't believe that God will work against a man's "free" will.)

4. willowdee

willowdee New Member

Aaron, you are absolutely right. I should, and should have from the beginning, made this solely a matter of prayer. I confess I don't quite understand that last sentence, but my gut is telling me it is what is commonly known as a "shot." Got it. Thanks.

And with that, I thank every one of you who sincerely tried to help me understand. I really appreciate it.

In Christ,
    Dee

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Or believe God will also work with a man's free will!!

Jam 1:6But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

BBob,