1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Assault Weapons Ban" About to Expire

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by KenH, Jul 24, 2004.

1. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

I suspect that the "assault weapons" probably caused more injuries from users shooting themselves or their companions than all the crime related use of such weapons combined.

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It has been shown that the AWB is nothing more than cosmetic "prejudice". The ones pushing the AWB, in all likelihood, are aware of this fact. Also, in all likelihood, most of the legislators who voted for the ban initially, probably had no idea what they were actually voting for. My guess is that they were fed a bunch of garbage about actual assault weapons, and so voted thinking that "military" weapons were the subject.

Since the ban, anybody who has paid any attention to the debates, by now know the truth about the AWB.

That being said, why do some liberals continue to push for such a misnomer of a bill?

Note the earlier illustration of NetPublicist,
    At some future date, when no one is questioning the AWB, (should the ban be extended/made permanent) the simple logic of the two (AR-15 & Mini-14) being the same caliber, will then be the justification for banning the Mini-14 types. Surely the ensuing steps are clear; won't be very long then till the 2nd is history.

And it will be done so gradual that everybody (??) will never question the "WISDOM" of such protective legislation.

Then, once no one has any defense, the Idi Amiens, Joe Stalins, Adolph Hitlers etc will come out of the woodwork and I hope the rapture comes first! [​IMG]

3. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults.

Further,

when guns are outlawed, I will be an outlaw.

4. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

12 Days Remaining Until the So-Called "Assault Weapons" Ban Expires!

[​IMG]