1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Assemblies of God vers Baptist

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JamieinNH, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

A lot of local "Bible" churches are very Baptist in teachings, church services, etc.

2. Allan

Allan Active Member

OH, I see what my problem was in the post I placed. I didn't finish my thought about her joining an AOG church. - In my opinion DON'T !

Clarification: I have been a baptist for the last 14 years and would never go back.
    That is why I was trying to explain to the original poster of this thread that they need to understand their spiritual gifting (not charismatic) and use that which God has given to edify their church. The OP'er stated they can't stay in one place to long. Reason: Not a proper understanding of the church and who they are and empowered for in Christ for the Body.

The oneness doctrince holds mainly in the Church of God (subsets). It was a part of the AOG but actually that groupl openly repented of it and came out from it. Obviously it split (yet again) and the remainder that is left in the herisy, is very minor in number. I am trying to remember their Church name but for the moment I can't. I will post it soon, I have a paper I did on it somewhere around here.