1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Association of Reformed Baptist Churches

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gb93433, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll take your word for it. The ARBCA national convention last year was at one of the largest SBC church in the Omaha area (Papillion, Nebraska) and many of the men I sat with and ate with were SBC'ers. Big in the SBC Founders.Org.

We talked about "dual" affiliation and they had no issue with it. Assumed since the group I was with were all SBC, that this was typical of all the ARBCA. That was my framework of saying "many". If "many" is not accurate, I apologize.

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have none.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

A response to your statement about that you have read all of the authors I have read. I seriously doubt it.

I do not care at all about your side or any other side as when you read the Bible you will see how much Jesus did too. You can spend your entire life reading any side and never know God. It is about Jesus the author and perfecter of faith. Some keep learning and never come to a knowledge of the truth. It is not about the side of a political party that you may have read, it is about serving Jesus and making disciples.

There is only one side that is the truth and politicians are not aware that knowing God is not about intellectual knowledge but a battle within. The person who knows God has struggled with God and not trying to get intellectual knowledge.

You have awhile to catch up.

Seat time has nothing to do with relationship and maturity. My God is not revealed by intellectual ascent but rather by relationship.

Why so little? It should be a lifetime of study and application.

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The problem is that they had little temperature.

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Isn't that kind of like putting new wine in old wineskins?

Yes! Those who will not listen want an easier way other than what Jesus commanded.

6. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ is superior to all men, including you.

7. ReformedBaptist

Bravo. What a manly and wonderful reply. I thoroughly enjoyed this brother! haha!

8. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I think using the term "many" in reference to those churches with dual membership would depend on the direction you are looking.

If you said "many ARBCA churches are also in the SBC" that would probably be true.
    If you said "many SBC churches are also in ARBCA" that would probably NOT be true.

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have seen the same exact thing in the church I attend now. I expect the pastor to be gone when the people catch on more.

10. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Doctorate in leadership? The best leaders learn by leading and learning from leaders which is not done indoors in the classroom.

11. ReformedBaptist

Hey Ruiz, I applaud your love for learning. I am about to start work on my M.A.R. and if the Lord is willing work on a Ph.D with a Christian History emphasis.

12. UkuleleMike

UkuleleMike New Member

I hope I'm not being rude, when I say, "Duh". How would you gather anything else from my post? That's why I neither completely agree with Calvin or Arminius-I believe God's word clearly teaches both, and more-these eternal doctrines can't be neatly arranged into packages, while ignoring the rest. Even Spurgeon noted that, while we can't make man's responsibility and God's sovereignty agree this side of heaven, yet both are present. If we are responsible for our actions, and found guilty to Hell, then we MUST have some say in the matter of salvation. yet, clearly, God is sovereign, so the choices are His. They would seem to disagree, but it is not God that disagrees, just our inability to grasp it fully.
    So, I'll let the Lord work out the details of my salvation, and I'll trust Him with my soul.

13. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

I agree, but leadership theory mixed with doing it is a great combination. I am in leadership in several organizations including Toastmasters International as President and Area Governor. Yet, you also learn how to refine leadership when you study and do.

14. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would be true if your idea of MANY is about ten.:thumbs:

15. ReformedBaptist

I didn't mean to imply that you didn't. Those who hold the Arminian position are not following Jacobus Armininus, nor those who hold the Calvinist position are following John Calvin.

We are seeking to follow Jesus Christ by the Scriptures. Yet, I have found benefit and help in my walk with Jesus from godly preachers and teachers, some of which have long since gone to be with the Lord.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.