1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured At the starting gate: Clinton leads Trump by double-digits

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, May 4, 2016.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nor I, and I looked. To me the guy was harmless, and we related in the area of being as self reliant as possible.

2. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Not only is she ahead in the polls, the electoral map and the demographics very much favors Clinton. While the election is 185 days away, I don't see him making this ground up.

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I donned his avatar to show support.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/trump_41_clinton_39

Trump 41%, Clinton 39%

http://www.redstate.com/saragonzale...new-poll-shows-trump-leading-clinton-1-point/

SHOCKER: New Poll Shows Trump Leading Clinton by 1 Point

5. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unfortunately Rasmussen has a poor reputation for conducting well designed polls.

From: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news.../rasmussen-the-gops-cure-for-the-common-poll/

Rasmussen's prolific polling service, Rasmussen Reports, has long been a bone of contention in the political world (for more,see Jason Horowitz's great 2010 profile). Essentially, Democrats think Rasmussen is a thinly veiled partisan (Republican) pollster, some reporters and media organizations refuse to use his polls (which are conducted via an automated method that doesn't include cellphones) and others (including The Fix) report the results with caveats.

6. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe, but Ras has a pretty decent accuracy rate. IIRC, Scoots did used to be a Republican but turned independent some years back. I think my big issue with him is that he only polls by landlines, and uses online surveys for the rest - pretty shaky methodology IMO. But then so does this in this CNN/ORC poll, if it's true that only about a third were via cellphones.

I'd like to see a more recent poll, one that was done after Ted and John suspended their campaigns. Trump was bragging on twitter that some poll showed him a whole whoppin' point ahead of Hillary . . . in Georgia. That ought to be home turf, he could be in trouble.