1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Atheism and Child Murder

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, May 17, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On how mothers should be permitted to kill their offspring until the age of 28 days: "My colleague Helga Kuhse and I suggest that a period of twenty-eight days after birth might be allowed before an infant is accepted as having the same right to life as others."

On why abortion is less morally significant than killing a rat: "Rats are indisputably more aware of their surroundings, and more able to respond in purposeful and complex ways to things they like or dislike, than a fetus at ten or even thirty-two weeks gestation."

On why pigs, chickens and fish have more rights to life than unborn humans: "The calf, the pig, and the much-derided chicken come out well ahead of the fetus at any stage of pregnancy, while if we make the comparison with a fetus of less than three months, a fish would show more signs of consciousness."

On why infants aren't normal human beings with rights to life and liberty: "Characteristics like rationality, autonomy and self-consciousness...make a difference. Infants lack these characteristics. Killing them, therefore, cannot be equated with killing normal human beings."

Article Here

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah, yes. Peter Singer. He has been spouting nonsense on animal liberation and bioethics for decades.

#2 KenH, May 17, 2008
    Last edited: May 17, 2008
  3. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

The irony of his statements/beliefs -- How quickly the human race would have perished if everyone held these opinions and chose to kill their children while they were not "normal human beings". And, what if his mother had felt the same way--and chose to act upon those beliefs?

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I know several atheists, and none of them hold to such oddball beliefs.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

This goes back to Malthus and eugenics...

"all animated life [tends] to increase beyond the nourishment prepared for it," there can be never be real progress or happiness for humankind. Humanity is doomed to procreate itself into destitution." Thomas Malthus.

Abortion and infanticide is just another elitist population control tool. We no longer follow our constitution that was written in part to protect life from this Malthusian/elitist mindset among the "aristocracy". Today we follow the elitist humanistic ideals set forth in the UN Earth Charter and
    INTER-AMERICAN DEMOCRATIC CHARTER. At our own peril and in complete denial of the sound principles of government of by and for the people.

I believe that in the end this is just setting us up...conditioning us for things to come. The elite believe the world is overpopulated and they have an agenda to correct this problem. Here in the USA they've been working on it since the 1920's. Probably even before that.

I also have an old friend who claims to be an atheist and he's dead set against abortion and infanticide.

#5 poncho, May 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2008