1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Atheist ads are kicked off the bus.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Ps104_33, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

A plan to put atheist slogans on buses in Italy has been shot down by the Roman Catholic Church.
    The campaign, which follows a similar one in Britain, had caused controversy in the deeply Catholic country.
    The ads read 'The bad news is that God doesn't exist. The good news is that you don't need him' and were to have made their first appearance today in the streets of Genoa.

The atheists sure do spend alot of time and money fighting against a being that doesnt exist, dont they? I say let them have their ads. If the Roman Catholic Church in Italy doesnt have a message that is strong enough to fight this and their faith is shaken that much by a few silly ads from some people who are bothered by folks getting their peace and comfort from a different source than they do then the pope must not have too much confidence in his own faith. It is almost as if he is afraid of losing his power base.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor.../Atheist-ads-kicked-buses-Italy.html?ITO=1490

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

It is funny how worked up the atheists get over God.

Apparently, some atheists do not deny some kind of overarching godlike power (something I learned recently that surprised me). They just don't like the Biblical God or any god that has a say in their destiny.