1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Atheist Stephen Hawking and Church of Scotland both determined to demonize Israel

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jedi Knight, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Israel has "appropriated" most of the land that was set up in 1947 so that Palestine no longer is allowed to the land given to them at that time. There has been no international agreement giving Israel any authority to take this land. They have simply done so and thumbed the noses at anyone that does not like it.

The follow an apartheid policy and treat both Christian Jews and Christian Arabs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine#Modern_period

Also read:

The General's Son: Journey of an Israeli in Palestine by Miko Peled. Miko is the General's Son.

[​IMG]

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just providing some balance and objectivity here Doc. The Jews were the first terrorists to target innocents, now their innocents are targeted. There is an immutable principle of recompense with God, and I’d have to say in particular to those Jews under the curses/judgments of Lev 26; Dt 28:

Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, And be filled with their own devices. Pr 1:31

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. Gal 6:7

And as for me also, mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity, but I will recompense their way upon their head. Ezek 9:10

Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them, for I Jehovah thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, upon the third and upon the fourth generation of them that hate me, Ex 20:5

You mention Hitler, for the sake of objectivity and discussion of this principle of recompense, do you wish to discuss whose device the Bolshevik gulag was, or who ran and operated that horrific institution decades before the Nazi concentration camps ever came into existence?

#42 kyredneck, May 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2013
  3. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Sure, we can debate all of the evils of Israel, as long as I get to debate the evils of America, the headquarters of the CFR, Illuminati, Free Mason Grand Lodge of the world, the IMF; how your own government was behind 911, how the Bush's were behind assassinating your own president and who also staged a war in Kuwait and Iraq without any evidence of WMDs. And of course we can't forget the enslavement of blacks for several hundred years and the murder of Indians and theft of their land.

So yeah, we can compare countries if you like! I have a very long list :)

4. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Since when does Israel need the approval of an "international agreement" to occupy our own land? The US didn't get "international approval" when it took land from the Indians. Israel is the size of the smallest state in your country, and the so-called "Palestinians" have 20 other oil rich countries they can go to, but that's not good enough, and it will never be good enough until Israel is completely wiped off the map (Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, 2003).

5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

6. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are more than a million Arabs who live in Israel peacefully and happily without issue. All of this hub bub about Israel taking land is nothing more than a smoke screen to run Israel out of the area completely.

8. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You Jews always want to play the 'innocent victim' card when in reality you're not so innocent after all. As I said, just providing some balance and objectivity here. :)

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does anyone know where the hysterically laughing smiley is. I really could use it right now. The giggling one this board has just will not do.

10. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have yet to meet an Arab Christian living in Israel who is happy at how the Israelis treat them ... and I have met a fair number.

11. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would think the whiney faced one would go well with a lot of your posts.

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I disagree again. You don't say what Truman said or did about the UN resolution so I don't know if the USA ever supported it. Anyway it might have become dead letter after the Arabs attacked Israel the day after it was recognized by Truman.

As for Jews and Christians being forced out of Arab lands, that is in accordance with the Koran which calls for the murder of infidels--so you are defending people who would have no use for you yourself if you tried to live and practice Christianity in an Islamic land. I am sick of the centuries old conflicts between Jews and Arabs but I agree that Jews are right and that Supersessionism is wrong.

It seems that the Church of Scotland has yanked their document from their website, which explains why I had so much trouble finding it and linking it above. I don't think that Israel is a state of mind and not a place but is a place where Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob lived and where Moses led the Exodus to and Joshua entered and King David ruled and King Solomon ruled and Jesus was born and raised. It has always been a place.

13. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You disagree that prior to the partition of Palestine and expulsion that Jews were living peacefully in surrounding Arab countries? From the horse's mouth:

"In 1945, roughly 1 million Jews lived peacefully in the various Arab states of the Middle East, many of them in communities that had existed for thousands of years. After the Arabs rejected the United Nations decision to partition Palestine and create a Jewish state, however, the Jews of the Arab lands became targets of their own governments’ anti-Zionist fervor. As Egypt’s delegate to the UN in 1947 chillingly told the General Assembly: “The lives of one million Jews in Muslim countries will be jeopardized by partition.” The dire warning quickly became the brutal reality.

14. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kyred, I disagree because you do not list the US position concerning the UN resolution that you cited that dated to the Truman administration. Where was Truman on all this?

Do you really think that Islam welcomes Christians like you into their midst? Do you think that you can live and practice Christianity in an Arab state? You can't even visit Mecca as a tourist. If you try it, you will end up in a Saudi dungeon. You ignore the Arabs who were aligned with the Nazis during World War II, such as the Muslim Brotherhood and the Baathist Party and the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem (installed by the British) who became a full- fledged Nazi collaborator. Islam is not just a religion but also a political and military system, as even the American Founding Fathers said when our sailors were kidnapped.

The Church of Scotland has taken their document down from their website. Do you really think that the Holy Land is a state of mind and not a place?

Do you really think that Israel should be wiped off the map as the Nazi-like Romans did in 70 AD just to make today's jihadists happy? Do you really think that turning Israel over to Iran will stop Islamofascist terror worldwide?

15. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Speaking from personal experience I disagree. Both of my grandparents were murdered by Arabs in the late 1940s. There was no over all peace, we still did not have our capital, Jerusalem back, and Winston Churchhill was refusing Jews into Israel during WW2, and often sent ships of Jews BACK TO GERMANY while Hitler was still in control. And my brother-in-law, Elisha, had his wife and son killed in a grenade attack on their food truck in Gaza giving food to homeless "PALESTINIANS" in Gaza. Their own people create crisis, ravage homes and purposely force families to live in the streets, and then complain to the UN that "the Jews" forced them out, and then when we give them food and clothing, they bomb us.

I would love for you Klan members to spend a week in Israel.

16. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

I would be willing to bet you have never met an Arab Christian AT ALL in Israel. Arab Christians in Israel get treated far worse by Islamic terrorists than by anyone else in Israel. No Christian living in Israel period is respected very well because Israel as a whole has not yet accepted Christ as their Messiah.

And you and your other Klan member are still missing the point. Israel's borders were given BY GOD, not the UN, not the Balfour Declaration, not by Churchill or Truman. In fact, Israel still does not have access to all of the borders described in Genesis, Deuteronomy, Judges and Joshua.

And you and kyredneck act so righteous when the country you say is Christian created the United Nations for the antichrist (which is located at 666 United Nations Plaza). You print money that declares your role in the new world order with the Illuminati eye on the back of it. Your legal system is based on ROMAN law, you use ROMAN language (Latin) in your court rooms, you killed Indians and forced them on to "reservations", killed Indians and took Texas, tortured and enslaved and raped Africans for 400 years, and you have the nerve to talk about Israel???

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

First I never specified anything about Christians. Second I have traveled all over Israel/ I went there on mission work, not just sight seeing, and have interacted with a large number of Israeli's. I have worked in Arad and I have worked on Mt. Hebron, I have traveled to the Golan Heights, the beach at Tel Aviv, and a handful of other places around Israel.

My experience is not just limited to Arab Christians who who live in Gaza. (And the notion that the Arabs you know claim to be Christian does nothing to lend credibility to your claim). Arabs Christian or otherwise are living all over Israel and outside of Gaza and the "Palestinianian" areas quite peacefully.

18. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are treated badly by both the Israelis and by the Moslems. But believe me, they do not like the way they are treated by Israel.

Your opinion.

Calling me a Klan member is quite an insult and will be reported to the moderators.

I had no idea I have as much power as you indicate in your response. I am amazed at your self-righteousness. I will defend your right to you holding your own opinion, regardless of how offensive it is. Will you do the same for me?

19. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I doubt you have met an Arab Christian. Mission trips do not impress me. I have seen too many and have seen the problems they leave behind to be impressed.

When I worked in Moscow a Russian Baptist pastor I talked with gave me examples of the problems mission groups have caused. He said "My church has just about recovered from the last mission group from America." With your attitude on the board I can just imagine how you come across.

They are peaceful because they are Christian, not because they like the way they are treated. And, the Arab Christians I know and have met at the seminary here in Prague are not restricted to Gaza, but live inside Israel. They are quite mistreated by the government.

20. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not care what you doubt. Your doubts are most likely a matter of convenience than anything else. And you are stuck on Arab Christians which has nothing to do with my original post. Arabs alike Christian or otherwise are living peacefully all over Israel not just in Palestinian areas. That is a fact. I know it is not convenient for your politics but we cannot change the truth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.