1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Atheists and Liberals better than evangelicals

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Luke2427, Mar 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Jesus had a ministry of reconciliation back to the Father.

Math and American history cannot help kids, or communities, without Christ.

The Greeks seek knowledge, and think it benefits the soul.

You seem to place education above abiding in Jesus, dwell, follow.

The bride of Christ is separate from the world.
    She has nothing to learn about being His wife from the world.
    Take no thought of tomorrow.

2. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

In other words you DO want our kids to be stupid.

AMAZING!!

At least you admit it.

3. Winman

Winman Active Member

I believe most Christians care deeply about education, that is why many place their kids in private schools or home-school.

Education is important, but knowing Christ is more important,

Mar 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

I disagree with those who say that atheists will listen to an educated man. If you do not agree with their secular beliefs, they will not consider you educated even if you graduated from a good school. They consider being educated as compromising and agreeing with them.

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At last Winman says something right. The weapons of Luke's warfare are carnal.

5. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since you're so educated then will you admit to using the fallacy of a false dilemma to support your argument? :rolleyes:

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ha ha ha....Ive got them both on Ignore. It's like a little bit o heaven! :godisgood:

7. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

God uses means.

8. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I do not believe that a single word Luke has posted on this thread or a similar one on the General Baptist Forum has anything at all to do with the spiritual relationship between the Christian and God, or for that matter between the unbeliever and God. If Luke wanted to discuss the failure of the education system in America he should have started the threads on the Politics Forum. If Luke wanted to extoll the virtues of religions other than the Christian Faith he should have started a thread on the All Other Discussions Forum or the Clean Humor Forum. His OP could simply have been:
    In an earlier post {#70} I said the following:

Looking at the information Luke has provided and recalling that Luke once posted that he was converted at the age of 16 or so I would guess his age to be between 35 and 40, the age that the above remarks fit precisely. Also in an earlier post I presented a parable by Jesus Christ assuming that a preacher/pastor of almost 20 years experience would have no difficulty in understanding.

Luke 18:9-14
    9. And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
    10. Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
    11. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
    12. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
    13. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
    14. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Hopefully I thought Luke might, just might see that his remarks are more than a little Pharisaical. But I was wrong! Though not The judge of all the earth, Luke as self proclaimed judge of all Christians in these United States, particularly the evangelicals and fundamentalists, insisted that it was he who was represented by the publican crying out for mercy. But yet he has the arrogance to state:

{Emphasis in above quote is mine!}

Luke is a weight lifter, a macho man, and supremely self-righteous. His solution to spiritual problems, are carnal, provided by a carnal mind. He may be a preacher but a pastor he is not. Anyone who responds with the bitter, hate filled, and judgmental remarks that Luke does is not a pastor, not a shepherd of the sheep, and that is undeniable!

#148 OldRegular, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
  9. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

What about your bitter, superior, judgmentalism?

10. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I stand in awe of the superior intellect!:laugh:

St. Paul was just chompin' his bubble gum.:wavey:

11. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

I think Luke has an intense compassion for knowledge. He has obviously studied countless hours searching for what he believes is truth and what is not.

At some point after he found truth, he felt the need to reach others. I believe he started out with a compassion for others who he feels do not have the truth. The truth will set you free.

Maybe Baptist Board is just a place for him to practice his truths through debate, or just to vent.
    He might just be angry and throws it on people here instead of at his youth at church. I can live with that.
    He did say that he is a pastor at a Mississippi church, but only a debater here.
    What he does in real life probably does not measure up to his talk here. He is frustrated, his posts bleed with it. We have all been there to some extent.
    We should give him grace knowing that knowledge can puff up, but when you walk truth out it humbles.

12. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's beautiful. Really. Thank you for that insightful analysis. Never thought of presumputuous blowhards in that light before. Probably because . . .

it's crap! [​IMG]

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes...lets be compassionate to the p***k! :laugh:

He also tells an 83 yo he's old. Ahhhh Duh.:applause: brilliant!

14. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

No thinking person takes you seriously when you spew this kind of hatred.

Plain N Simple was very gracious and you attack him for it.

My posts, though often expressing intense frustration, at least make arguments and present cases for what I believe.

Your posts are nothing but bitter attacks.

No thinking person takes you seriously.

Not you or Earth Wind and Fire.

15. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

You are a very bitter man. And it comes out very clearly in your posts to me.

I have been told that I have the ability to expose a man's true nature-to bring the poison to the surface as it were. I think I have done so with you.

16. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I suspect that most on this thread would characterize you as the bitter man. Given your disparagement of certain elements of the Christian Faith some might see you as an evil unGodly man.

I am not sure of your point Luke.

1. Are you claiming to be an Exorcist, the ability to cast out evil spirits.

2. Are you claiming to be one who can seduce people to perform evil acts, to sin against God.

3. Are you claiming to have the spirit of divination, to discover hidden knowledge by occult or supernatural means.

4. Or is it just possible that those you claim perceive this extraordinary power in you are actually trying to send you a message!

So you are claiming to have the spirit of divination? Is that correct? You realize of course that this is forbidden by Scripture.

***************************************************************************************

Luke you consider yourself a scholar. You are not, far from it!

1. You post an asinine OP referencing a questionable poll on the Baptist Theology Forum that really has nothing to do with Baptist Theology. Perhaps you could have gotten a reasonable discussion on the Politics Forum if you had approached education in America as a problem rather than using it as an excuse to slime a certain element of the Christian Faith. As it turned out you were taken to task by most responders and your ego will not tolerate that.

2. Thus the object of the thread was apparently an opportunity for self gratification, perhaps self glorification, nothing else.

3. You did not present a single passage of Scripture to support any assertion you make, yet you post the OP on the Theology Forum.

4. Any request for Scriptural support for your assertions was simply ignored.

5. You extoll the scholarly and moral virtues of infidels while, as noted above, sliming a certain element of the Christian Faith:

Yet you provide not one passage of Scripture to support your vile remarks.

In my last response to Luke I made the following statement regarding Luke. I still believe they are appropriate.

17. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure that wasn't said as a disparagement? The Devil is used thusly.

18. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I don't think anybody could compete with you and old regular in making devilish disparaging remarks.

You both, with each post, prove that you have hate in your heart. Bitterness against me erupts from your posts like poisonous gas exploding from a volcano.

19. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In all seriousness, even if so, being a thorn in the flesh is nothing of which to boast.

Your attempts to belittle OR are vain. I see the wisdom of years in his posts, and the fire of faith and devotion. You think there is hate therein? Yer in fer an ejukashun, sonny boy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.