1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Athens Gotta See?

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Oct 9, 2003.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Been to Athens? What is there that we just have got to see?

2. td

td New Member

Well...the University of Georgia campus is really nice. Big name music acts play at the Georgia Theatre almost every week. Great food downtown. Lots of good sidewalk restaurants. Athens was voted one of the top ten college towns in America.

Athens, Greece? Where is their team ranked?

3. Taufgesinnter

Taufgesinnter New Member

Well, I'd say that you just have to see Ohio University. The campus grounds are just beautiful!

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Okay, I need those glaring eyes again.

I mean Athens, Greece.

5. Taufgesinnter

Taufgesinnter New Member

The Parthenon and Acropolis, Mt. Olympus, Kerameikos, Plato's Academy, the Roman Agora, Pnyx, and the Olympieion. And scads of museums. At least that's what I'd see if I could go.

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Be careful climbing "Mars Hill" (Areopagus) at the base of the acropolis. It is really just a huge rock 100 feet each direction, that is slippery beyond words!

Great place to envision the events of Acts. And the Parthenon on the acropolis is awe-inspiring and offers the best panorama of any European city sans Paris from the Eiffel Tower.

And the harbor (and a quick drive south along the coast to Corinth ship canal and the ruins there).