1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured ATS Board Meeting

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by preachinjesus, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Broadus

Broadus Member

Thanks, Roger. The feeling is mutual!

Blessings,
    Bill

2. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Broadus Reponse

Brother Broadus (I do love that handle),

Check out my latest post on UU's new degree. I would love to hear what you think about the program.

"That is all!" :smilewinkgrin:

3. Broadus

Broadus Member

Done!

[Unnecessary words added to surpass the minimum required by the board's software :BangHead:]

4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Personally, I believe ATS (and TRACS) should hold the same standards as the regional accrediting bodies (SACS, etc). After all, the regional accrediting bodies are the major academic accrediting agencies. Many universities will simply not hire a person to faculty without a regionally accredited degree (ATS or not).

Martin.

5. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I think New Orleans will move to take advantage of the new policy. I say this because they already have a hybrid MDiv and several online graduate/undergraduate certificates.

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That said, I don't think any of them will move "fast". Keep in mind it takes several years to develop a degree program and get it approved at the various levels (including accrediting bodies). However I think we will see a slow shift over a period of several years.

Martin.

7. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Expanding to online degrees will expand student bodies... and thus the need for more professors.

8. PreacherTeacher

PreacherTeacher New Member

Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary has an entirely online Master of Theological Studies beginning this fall.

9. Crucified in Christ

Crucified in Christ New Member

Interesting...they claim that this degree is co-accredited. They are counting regional accreditation as well as ATS. Certainly, this has to do with ATS' new policy, but I wonder if ATS has reveiwed the secifics of this program. One final question: how did GGBTS get ahead on this when MBTS and NOBTS have had a lead on them in terms of online learning? Any thoughts?