1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Attending Church Alone

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by noregrets1987, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There's a lot of things in you I seem to detect with a high amount of confidence, based on experience as well as on all your posts, which I just skimmed. One thing is that you seem to have a tendency to expect others to 'reach out' to you, rather than affecting too much of yourself at once, and if they don't reach out further to you, then you assume they don't care to do so, which may or may not be true. You can probably feel too easily that you are imposing on people by doing more than giving them a greeting. I'm trying to not "go psychological," but I am just that kind of person, and I know that in me it's partly from having a nature like that, but more from enduring a lot of rejection in my early years. To me, also, church was the place I thought was the right place to work myself in with a fair start in the confidence that the people there believe as I believe... but it's just not always nearly that simple because people have flaws-- for example, if you appear nervous in greeting someone they pick up on it, quite possibly without evening being aware, and they think your saying "Hi" is just social politeness, which contains a lot of phoniness, so a kind greeting is all they give you in return.

Okay, I could write a lot about what I may think about all this in the general case, or in the direct concerns you have shared, but I will desist and let you tell me whether anything I said is at all applicable to your case. In any event, I hope you are having a good evening within a good week!

2. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Please don't "give up on church altogether". Did you see my earlier reply, where I said that I did not really know what paradigm fx was, but then I added that I had found a web site at: http://www.paradigmfx.com/ that says:
    Paradigm is a discipleship based nondenominational worship service that meets weekly on Thursday nights at 8:00 p.m. Jon Randles communicates through video and Justin Moore leads worship for this weekly encounter with God.

Unless I have misunderstood the site, paradigm fx is not a church, not does it claim to be. Perhaps that is why it seems trivial to you - I can't comment on that, of course, as I know nothing about it. Perhaps someone else on the Baptist Board living nearer to you than I do might be able to help you find a suitable church in your area.