1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Attention California Baptist College Grads!!!!!

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Ben Mills SsBG, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Ben Mills SsBG

Ben Mills SsBG New Member

I am a historian doing a paper on California Baptist College history from 1960-1974. I am trying to find as many graduates as I can to interview. Please contact me Via E-mail for more information. I am trying to get the paper published so I will need permission to use materials gained. Thank you.

2. imported_J.R. Graves

Dear Brother Mills,

While I'm not a graduate of the school, I do have some information on Dewey H. Jones, who was the dean at California Baptist College in the 1960's. He was originally from my area of western Kentucky and I have several of his writings from this time period. He was a very conservative Baptist who held strongly to Landmarkism. He graduated from the West Kentucky Bible School in Murray, KY and from Murray State University in 1941. He pastored such churches as Salem Baptist, First Baptist of Benton, KY, First Baptist of Clinton, KY, First Baptist of Cattlesburg, KY, and Mount Pleasant Baptist of Lewisburg, KY. He also edited "The Messenger of Truth" Baptist paper in the 1930's. He left Mount Pleasant in 1951 to go to California Baptist College. Hope this information is helpful. I would very much enjoy reading your paper when you get finished. Where will it be published at?

3. Ben Mills SsBG

Ben Mills SsBG New Member

Right now we are trying to get it in the Riverside Journal of History. I would like to get it into other, more widly known publications though.