1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Attribute of God's Love

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Ray Berrian, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

The Divine Attribute of God’s love is continuous toward the lost and the saved. Love is exercised toward Israel also ‘. . Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love.’ Jesus loves His own people, the Israelites, with an everlasting love.’ [Jeremiah 31:3] He loves the land also as recorded in Ezekiel 36:5. {My land}

While the door of grace is opened, Jesus love goes out to all lost souls. [John 3:16] The people of God are the apple of His eye, both Jews and Gentiles. [Deut. 32:10 & Zechariah 2:8 & I John 5:18] Check the Greek on the Apostle John’s truth as coming from God Himself.

Only Christians who keep close to the Lord and walk in the Spirit will produce the fruit of the Spirit the first of which is love. [Galatians 5:22a] We love other people, only because of the Holy Spirit in our lives, making us an amplification of His great love.

His love toward the saints is infinite. [John 3:16] His love toward sinners is continual until death and on Judgment Day. That day His love will turn to wrath. [Revelation 20:11-15]

Jesus attribute of Divine love is infinite toward, the saved/elect, His people the Jews and His land. In Jerusalem His love for His people and land will still be infinite as penned in Zechariah 14:9 & 16. His theocracy is straight ahead! :D

2. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi ByGrace;
    I can agree here. It certainly would have me if I were Paul. Actually it would have scared the devil right out of me [​IMG]

I believe that Judas the other judas of the disciples filled in any gaps in Pauls knowledge base as well as Ananias. Christ said;"Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do. " He didn't say who would tell Him. I have no Doubt that Paul was definetly a believer. Who wouldn't be after His encounter.
    We should all be so blessed.
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us All;
    Mike [​IMG]

3. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

4. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Ray,
    Why don't you get on board and understand that God does not give grace, love, mercy, or justice. God instead behaves toward man with grace, with love, with mercy and soon with Justice.

God in His Grace, saves us through our faith, as is evident in John 3:16 where God in his love for man has given us his only begotten son. so that whosoever has faith in him shall not perish but have everlasting life...As John testifies in 1 John 5.

It is because God loves us that we are under the "protection" of his grace which is a condition of his mercy toward us while God is being Just!

5. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Wes, Outwest,

Wes, I really haven’t strayed from your basic position. You said, ‘Why don't you get on board and understand that God does not give grace, love, mercy, or justice. God instead behaves toward man with grace, with love, with mercy and soon with Justice. [/quote]

The only difference between you and me is that I believe Jesus offers a gift [Ephesians 2:8c] that can be either accepted by sinners or refused by them. [John 3:18] If God does not offer and give grace then who does? God's action of love toward sinners, sets forth His grace and mercy to be received. Yes, when the lost His justice will fall on them, plus they must face the Great White Throne Judgment very, very close to the end of time. You are right as to His attribute of Divine Justice. Every time a sinner dies or a Christian received discipline we experience His justice.

You should thank God that I do not believe like Calvinists who theorize that Jesus is a Divine and yet Personal Automaton expressing His power for His own glory and praise. [​IMG]

6. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

I meant to say 'when the lost die His justice. . .' {Sorry}

7. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Yes Ray, I know that you understand, but my point is that grace, love, and mercy are not items that can be given by one to another.

You, for example cannot give your love to anyone. You can love people specifically and generally, but you cannot give any of your love to them. You can demonstrate your love for them by either doing things for them or giving them tokens or simply by being there for them, and that represents your love. but you cannot give them your love in a transferrance of possession.

You have grace, and you can behave graciously toward others, but you cannot give any of your grace to another. It is the same with God.

God loved us, and the way that he demonstrates his love for us is He gave to us his most precious possession, His only begotten son as the token of his love. He continues in His grace toward us so that we can all hear His word, and as many as will, come to faith in his gift to us. But he gives us none of his grace. But by Him behaving toward us with grace we tend to view His behavior toward us as "giving" even though nothing changes possession.

You are right Ray, and Yes I do thank God for your Faithful stance. My comments toward you were not made to disparage you, but to enhance your already deep understanding.