1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured AV 1611 KJV Holy Bible

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by makahiya117, Jun 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Sure. However, you may feel free not to reply to anything I post at any time. If you think anything I have written was wrong, feel free to take it up with the moderators.

I stand by what I wrote. :wavey:

2. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

If you post on a public forum, I will respond when I want. Don't post ignorant things and these conversations will not take place.

3. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

"Ignorant"? To the ignore pile you go. I don't need you to police my posts. Adios!

4. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet you police others. :laugh:

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    B4L, have you made any sense out of Makahiya117's posts? Are you in agreement with the posts? Why do your drive-by style so often? Can't you contribute anything edifying?

6. Baptist4life

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh::laugh:..............what edifying posts have you ever made? Pot meet kettle.

I simply thought it was kind of amusing what mexdeaf posted. I think Mexdeaf is a fine person, and my post was just a little "jab" at him, which is why I put the laughing smiley there. As far as the OP, I didn't even read it because I'm familiar with the poster. I don't respond to any of Makahiya117's posts, but he/she has just as much right as anyone else here to post what they want. You may just choose to not read their posts. Simple as that. Why don't you let the moderators be the one's who decide.

7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe you aren't reading your KJV with understanding these days. You need to find another translation and apply its truths to your posts (and life).

No,you are just plain rude.

My questions to you have nothing to do with the mods. I asked you the questions which you are reluctant to answer.

8. Baptist4life

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK...........I'll ask you the SAME question.........................what edifying posts have you ever made?

9. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Check out the archives. Out of my post history you should find at least a couple thousand.

10. Baptist4life

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Coming from you, I'll just consider the source and :laugh::laugh:.

You have a great day, but I'll not trade insults with you any longer. Not Christlike, and I apologize for letting myself get into it as far as I have. God bless.

11. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I've never been this glad to be ignored by anyone before. Good riddance Maxdeaf.

12. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

All you have to do to be attacked here is to say that you use the KJV only.

13. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. You will be questioned as to what authority one has to attach a special significance to the Royal Bible Version of 1611 --to the Blayney version,claiming it to be perfect and all other versions in English to be inferior and not really God's Word.

14. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

That is if someone feels they owe you or anyone else an explanation. I don't feel that way at all. At our church we will use what Bible we want to regardless of those like you think or believe.

I just cannot figure out why it bothers you as much as it does. If you told me you were convinced that the NIV is the best version and that everyone should use it, I wouldn't care in the least. Yet you, along with Robocop and evidently Maxdeaf are unable to do the same. We have the liberty in Christ to use whichever Bible we choose, you need to somehow just get over it.

15. Baptist4life

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbs::thumbs::applause::applause:

16. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who has supposed claimed that you do not have liberty in Christ to use whichever English translation you choose?

Are you making a statement against some imagined or imaginary claim that no one has made?

It is KJV-only advocates who typically fail to recognize that choosing a Bible translation is in the area of Christian liberty and preference.

There is no command or instructions in the Scriptures that believers are to read and use only one English translation.

17. Logos1560

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is your choice.

Should the false claims in the posts made and repeated by that poster be ignored and uncorrected so that readers of them may be misled or misinformed?

Are you opposed to the posting of accurate information about KJV editions that corrected incorrect, inaccurate claims?

18. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Where did I make this claim in this thread?

19. Logos1560

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where is the sound evidence or the actual direct quotations that prove your accusation?

20. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

*crickets*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.