1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured AV 1611 KJV Holy Bible

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by makahiya117, Jun 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Shall we now conclusively state that Robert Snow and B4L are dead wrong in their repeated claims?...Most certainly.

2. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Sadly, yes. They cannot accept criticism of their pet doctrine without taking it as a personal offense. But then again, there's plenty of that on here from all sides of every question, LOL!

3. makahiya117

makahiya117 New Member

" Well Mak as far as I am concerned you have stated your case in a clear and precise way.
    You have given the theory and the reasons behind supporting such a theory
    as to why the 1611 AV of the KJV is the Word of God. "

" How excellent makahiya, thank you. "

" Very informative posts. Thank you. "

" Hi, I love this new stuff I'm learning from you. "

" Wow, did not know that, you're full of interesting info. "

" Thank you for explaining that. "

" Excellent, well-educated points. "

" I know that you are right. "

" I love your posts and hope you continue brother. "

" I know that the King James Bible is perfect, even mathematically. "

" You have taught me things that I never knew for which I am grateful. "

" Maka, thank you for your constant words of support. "

" Thank you for being there, Mak. people need you. "

" Better to have a few good friends then many who are false.
    You are a good friend. "

" Well, I'm very glad to have you here brother ! "

" mak, you know the word no doubt and I appreciate your zeal
    for what you believe. "

" Thank you Maka, your thoughts about the KJV are mine as well.
    Am learning much from you as I learned from Gail Riplinger who I love. "

" Thank you for showing this. It shows to me that those translations of the Bible are corrupt. So how can you trust them, when they are wrong. That is why I trust the King James Version. I totally agree with your comments on the King James Bible. "

" Not only are you a good soldier, a scholar and a warrior,
    you're a compassionate bible counselor and teacher. "

" Makahiya, I hope you don't mind that I copied this to read and remind myself of these things. It has helped and will continue to help me. "

" I pray for you all the time that you will be protected by the Lord God
    and that you will continue to expose the corrupt books that call themselves bibles. "

" Amen Makahiya, and that record is my treasure
    and am happy that I've known it for some time now. "

" Hello brother in Christ. Just wanna thank u for ur stand for christianity and ur firm belief in the king james version bible. Will be wonderful to meet you in heaven someday. God bless u ! "

" I agree with you when you say that all a person has to do is check
    with the KJV but unfortunately they do not believe that is true. It's very sad that they don't have the understanding. They are deceived. You are much more knowledgeable than I because I don't have the info that you have in those books you have but I do have some good handbooks and they do not counterdict the KJV and that matters to me. "

" Amen brother Maka, and that is the reason I love the Lord because He was very kind and considerate to give us His Word that cost the lives of many christians who gave us their witness that was later published as God's record for us. It gives new meaning of God's Word. "

" Thank you for your posts. It's always nice to get a word to meditate on.
    I read your posts a few times to slow myself down and focus on something
    that is important to remember. "

" Thanks for posting. There are very many here, I'm sure, who are interested in what you post in spite of the constant barrage of mean-spirited posts from some. Please keep posting and take your time as the Lord leads. "

" Amen Maka, and how fitting that those who can't dispute the truth of the KJV just flee from confrontation when they meet a truth teller who knows what he's talking about. I'm happy your pushing the BIBLE issue on the KJV. "

" I've been skimming your posts and learning quite a bit.
    I had some freshman & sophomore Bible courses in college,
    but I don't remember any of that being covered. "

" There are several on this site who share your respect for the KJV
    but the anti-KJV crowd makes the most noise. Thank you for posting. "

" I say all of this because I believe if M. posts his school history he will be setting himself up for ridicule from those who find it easy to slander schools or individuals they don't like and praise schools or individuals they do. I would just not give them the fodder. "

" I have no idea where M. got his education but I don't think it matters and would recommend not post his history, especially given the unkind and disrespectful things said about him by those who still have no idea who they are talking to. "

" I love how you answer with scripture and my heart is full of joy at the magnificence of God's Word. It truly has made me to desire and act to put more scripture in my replies. How anyone can counter
    your replies in the negative just shows many hate the Word of God. "

" Most people cannot reply to higher education with respect to the Word of God as found in the KJV. Your posts may go unchallenged as a result but I'm grateful to you because I'm learning all these new defenses of the written WORD of God. It is a wonderful experience to get more understanding
    and add more knowledge to what I already know to be the Word in the King James Version. "

" I'm very happy that you came along as a brother and mentor to support,
    defend and teach more about the KJV that I love so much. "

" That's great and funny ! It never occurred to me to respond to the question with the truth,
    you must be a pastor, Bible scholar, and/or angel. Well done. Thanks for the laugh. "

" I believe I may have seen your posts on another site and I want to tell you
    I have been very impressed with what you have posted.
    This crowd here is rather vicious, in my opinion, against those who support the KJV. "

" Ohhh thank you so very much ...i really appreciate that.
    It does my heart good to hear such a message of love and appreciation”

" You are so sweet, but it seems you are new to the forums... you can block those idiots, real easily and you do not have to stress yourself out trying to deal with them. "

" Thank you for your stand, God is able to perfectly preserve his word KJV 1611 AV. don't have the first capital letter after my name. It's so simple I can understand it, keep preachin'. "

" I believe you and respect you, but I suspect there may be others here who don't intend to show you any respect for any reason. I am just a 'dummy' who has been praying for wisdom for the last 40 years, with no certifications or degrees or qualifications. I think that means something to some of my attackers, so I'm glad you are here to provide balance in the face of that. "

" Reading the KJV gives me the comfort that only the Holy Spirit can give.
    Without a doubt, I believe that the KJV's words were inspired by the Holy Ghost. Right down to the dot of the of the "i"s and cross of the "t"s.
    I also believe that these same words are also written down in heaven. "

" I agree with the Record Theory and the Purified Text Theory,
    but I consider them facts and not theory. "

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    creepy.......................

5. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Proverbs 27:2- Let another praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips.

Proverbs 25:27- It is not good to eat much honey, nor is it glorious to seek one's own glory.

2 Corinthians 10:12- Not that we dare to classify or compare ourselves with some of those who are commending themselves. But when they measure themselves by one another and compare themselves with one another, they are without understanding.

2 Corinthians 10:18- For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends.

6. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Yeah.....

Rev...I AM a KJVO and even I would have to agree that THAT post was creepy. Far too much self-promotion which proves absolutely nothing. There are others of the "contrary sort" here who occasionally do the same thing.....but not to that extent!:eek:

Bro.Greg:saint:

7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh boy...so this person is learning lies and half-truths. :BangHead:

8. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This person posts the same horse feathers on several other boards, as if trying to get someone somewhere to believe some of it.

9. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Well, actually, it's when one sez that the KJV(or any other one English Bible translation) is the ONLY valid one out there. It just happens that certain authors have made an industry outta the false KJVO myth, so it's mentioned more than any other version that has "onlyist" fans.

10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, its NOT that you state that to you its KJVO, its when a person makes it that ALL of us need to become KJVO!

11. glazer1972

glazer1972 Member

You got it all wrong. The version you seek is the Geneva.

12. makahiya117

makahiya117 New Member

John Alden brought a KJV Bible to America on the Mayflower.

John Wheelright quoted from a KJV Bible in a 1636 sermon.

Noah Webster collated the spoken English language
    and produced his famous dictionary.

Language is word definition.

Webster's Dictionary is a monumental contribution to the English language.
    Webster's 1828 dictionary matched the KJV Holy Bibles.

This simple historical fact clearly demonstrates the obvious source
    of American language.

KJV Holy Bibles are the most published, read and loved bibles of all time.
    KJV Holy Bibles are the most published, read and loved books of all time.

13. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Actually that might be the Septuagint (OT).

14. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was John Alden a member of the ship's crew instead of one of the Pilgrims?

Did the Pilgrims on the Mayflower have copies of the Geneva Bible?

How many copies of the Geneva Bible may have been on the Mayflower compared to the one copy of the KJV?

15. makahiya117

makahiya117 New Member

KJV Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself ?

16. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    For 1000 years the ONLY translation of God's inspired words was the Latin Vulgate. How many millions heard the words and the course of the world events changed?

The Vulgate was the translation that fought against the spread of Islam throughout the world.

The Vulgate was the translation of missionary outreach to the ends of the Roman world.

The Vulgate was the translation holding truth during the Dark Ages.

The Vulgate was the translation that inspired the Crusades to stop the Moslem hordes.

The Vulgate was the translation that began the Renaissance of Western Civilization.

The Vulgate was the translation used by the forerunners of the Reformation.

The Vulgate was the translation used by all of the Reformation.

When they could not actually use God's Word (Greek/Hebrew text) my ancestors and heroes of the faith used the Vulgate.

The later French, German, Spanish, English translations all owe great fidelity to the Vulgate.

Jerome is a true hero in the church today.

17. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dr. Bob, after so many years of post graduate education yourself, did you really think you would get a thoughtful response?

makahiya117 posts an anemic theory and doesn't hear or respond to any criticism of it.

It seems his education was worthless and he hasn't learned anything in the years since.

Rob

18. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to your own posts, you are trying to teach others about the KJV when you are somewhat uninformed yourself.

You are evidently uninformed and misinformed about the facts concerning KJV editions as revealed in the incorrect claims about them that you have repeated more than once. Even after the truth is shared with you, you refuse to learn the truth and refuse to correct your inaccurate claims.

19. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

The Latin versions used in the early churches (e.g., Italic of AD 157) was not the same as Jerome's 380 AD translation. Jerome's Vulgate was not even widely used by anyone other than the church of Rome. Even most honest KJVO critics would at least admit as much that Jerome's Vulgate is not the same as the Latin texts used by the early NON Roman churches.

I am really surprised to see a Baptist call Jerome a hero. Did you learn that at St. Alcuin University?? I did notice that on your resume, and am aware that St. Alcuin trains Jesuits.

20. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe just about every Latin version in use from early in the history of the RCC was called the "Vulgate" whether it was Jerome's version or not. And it's no secret that the RCC opposed any Bible translation into any commonly-used language for centuries.

And I certainly DON'T believe Dr. Bob is a jeezit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.