1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

avoiding an inappropriate teacher

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by lds, May 1, 2004.

1. lds

lds New Member

My children attend a Christian school, and, when my older daughter was in first grade, we had a very negative experience with a teacher. My younger daughter is now getting ready to enter first grade, and my husband and I have requested not to have that teacher. We view the teacher has an inappropriate role model, to say the least. I have an upcoming meeting with the principal to discuss this. Any words of wisdom on how to biblically approach this?

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

There is a diference between preferences and biblical mandates. So just state the facts. Don't bring up your emotions. If no facts then no discussion. Don't gossip.

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    #1. The teacher may have changed since then.
    #2. The school may have had other complaints since then and may be able to help now.
    #3. The school should not "need" a Bible text to argue the point that teachers are to have high moral standards and conduct, . But if you "need one" - try Titus 1, James 3:1-3 and Ezek 34, Galatians 5:16-25.

In Christ,

Bob