1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured [B]Jesus' Bone-Day in the New Testament[/B]

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jan 30, 2015.

1. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pumps or autoloaders only. They stopped making the Peerless over/under in the mid 1990s.

2. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

So me doing research is bad, or as you call it "yap yap yap," but you doing research to continually propagate this "bone-day" nonsense is perfectly fine, right?

To this point, you wrote this elsewhere, found HERE:
    So don't act like you've never said the gospels would be different if we understood this thing that has apparently only been revealed unto you.

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You NEVER could have dreamed the word 'etsem' existed. The first time in your life you heard about it was from me, GE.

You have NEVER --- to this day, done <research> on the words 'etsem' and 'yom' in phrasal and contextual conjunction, or separately for that matter!

You do not fool me or anyone else.

Where's your bragged <research>? Present it! Or have you done your <research> on <<"bone-day" nonsense>>?!

#23 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2015
  4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

You cannot read English : QGE...because the translation of the Gospel will NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN...EndQ. But you have the audacity to twist what I wrote into YOUR, naked and unashamed LIE.

Are you a Christian you say? Shame on you!

5. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

My research, bud, was done by using online sources to seek out the Hebrew text. Coupled with Google searches and some finer-point searching on other forums, I was able to determine the phrase "etsem yom" was nonexistent in that construction in the Hebrew texts. I have never tried to pass off what I did as scholarly research. It was extremely low-level. Once I determined that no one other than you was espousing this idea of "etsem yom" as some mystical key that would unlock the Scriptures, I knew something was up. By the by, you have no idea what kind of research I may or may not have done. So calling me a liar, as you did, is unfounded and shows you are not really all that strong in your position, as you attack your opponents rather than use the facts of your case to win.

You, however, act as though you have deeply researched this idea. You say that the (nitpicky as this sounds) "translation" of the gospel will never be the same once you understand "etsem yom." But you have never explained it. You have only spouted off the same verse here that you used on other forums. On the other forums, you were actually called out for trying to enforce a Hebrew construct that was not actually there.

Telling another BB member that they cannot read English is rich, especially coming from you, Gerhard. To the point, you once again never explain how things will be different if people grasp the "bone-day." You just latched on to the seemingly mystical concept and you've never explored further with anyone what it actually means. You've actually had the gall to say that hundred of years of Hebrew/Jewish and Greek scholars basically got it wrong, and only you have it right. Well, if only you have it right, then explain it to everyone. Don't just quote verses where it appears, but tell everyone what it means. If it's such an earth-shattering revelation, then share with the group.
    :wavey:

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    <<<I was able to determine the phrase "etsem yom" was nonexistent in that construction in the Hebrew texts.>>>

Your 'Google Bible' or <Google Hebrew text> does not contain these <texts>?

The Lost Passover

Bone-Day [etsem yom] incidences

…in Genesis …

Genesis 7
    “11 In THE SAME DAY [HADZEH YOM] all the fountains of the great deep were broken up … 13 in THE SELFSAME WHOLE DAY BONE DAY [etsem yom] entered Noah … into the ark.” “…in the selfsame whole day bone day… [etsem yom] …as when in the days of Noah an ark was being prepared the longsuffering of God waited wherein souls through watery [grave] were saved … by the Resurrection of Christ… For Christ has once suffered for [our] sins that He might bring us to God, He being put to death in the flesh but quickened by the Spirit.” 1Peter 3:20,21,18.

Genesis 17
    “23 Abraham circumcised the flesh of their foreskin in THE
    SELFSAME WHOLE DAY BONE DAY [etsem yom] as God
    had said unto him …7 I will establish my covenant between
    me and thee and thy Seed [Christ]… 26 in THE SELFSAME WHOLE DAY BONE DAY [etsem yom] (stricken in age) Abraham was circumcised… And the LORD appeared unto him… pass not away from thy servant… wash your feet and rest yourself under the tree… Abraham fetched a calf… a young man hasted to dress it… And [the LORD] stood by them and they did eat. And [the LORD] said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and lo, (waxed old) Sarah thy wife shall have a son… at the appointed time I
    shall return.”

Genesis 50
    “20 God meant to bring to pass as it is THIS DAY to save
    much people alive. 21 Now fear ye not : I will nourish you and your little ones. And he comforted them and spake kindly to them. 24 And Joseph said unto his brethren, I DIE : and God will surely visit you and bring you out of this land unto the land which He sware unto Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob. 25 And Joseph took an oath of the children of Israel, saying, God will surely visit you, and ye shall carry up from hence my BONES—26 SO JOSEPH DIED being an hundred and ten years old : and [having been buried in a grave] they embalmed him, and he was PUT IN A COFFIN in Egypt…”
    The Book of Genesis ended with Joseph’s burial day and future care of his bones—fulfilled in the Book of Exodus.

…in Exodus …

Exodus 12
    “17 Ye shall observe the feast of unleavened bread for in THIS SELFSAME WHOLE DAY BONE DAY [etsem yom] have I brought your armies out of the land of Egypt: therefore shall ye observe THIS DAY… by an ordinance for ever 18 in the fourteenth day of the (First) Month (6 Israel shall kill the passover)... strike the lintel and the two side posts with the blood and none of you shall go out of his house… 23 For the LORD will pass through to smite [with the plague] the Egyptians… The LORD will pass over and will not suffer the destroyer to come unto your houses to smite you.”

Exodus 12
    “41 Even THIS SELFSAME WHOLE DAY BONE DAY [etsem yom] it came to pass that all the hosts of the LORD went out from the land of Egypt—42 it is a NIGHT to be much observed unto the LORD for bringing them out from the land of Egypt : THIS IS THAT NIGHT of the LORD… 43 THIS IS THE ORDINANCE OF THE PASSOVER… 46 In one house shall it be eaten; thou shalt not carry forth ought of
    the flesh abroad out of the house; neither shall ye BREAK /
    SEVER A BONE thereof.
    8 they shall EAT the flesh in THAT NIGHT roast with FIRE… not raw nor cooked with water but roast with FIRE; head with legs and with the purtenance thereof… 10 and that which remain the next day ye shall BURN WITH FIRE … 12 I will pass through THIS NIGHT … the PLAGUE shall not be upon you.”

Exodus 12
    “51 It came to pass THE SELFSAME WHOLE DAY BONE DAY [etsem yom] that the lord did bring the children of Israel out…
    13 God led the people about through the way of the wilderness of the Red Sea… and Moses took the BONES of Joseph with him for he had straitly sworn the children of Israel, saying, God will surely visit you; and ye shall carry up my BONES away hence with you.”
    The Book of Genesis ended with Joseph’s burial day and future care of his bones—fulfilled in the Book of Exodus.
    Now Exodus ends with an apocalyptic vision of Christ’s bones and day of burial…

Exodus 24:10 They saw the God of Israel: and under his feet as it were a paved work of sapphire stone [having been] THE SELFSAME WHOLE DAY BONE DAY [etsem yom] as it were the body of heaven in his clearness …
    Exodus 14:5,4 THIS DAY [of ‘etsem yom’] came ye out in the month Abib… by Strength of Hand the LORD brought you out from this place (of death) where no Bread of Life shall be eaten.
    The Book of Genesis as fulfilled in the passover in Exodus is seen further expanded upon and added to in Leviticus …

Or was it your <ability> to <find> them that lacked?

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PreachTony View Post
    My research, bud, was done by using online sources to seek out the Hebrew text. Coupled with Google searches and some finer-point searching on other forums, I was able to determine the phrase "etsem yom" was nonexistent in that construction in the Hebrew texts.

<<<I was able to determine the phrase "etsem yom" was nonexistent in that construction in the Hebrew texts.>>>

The Lost Passover

…in Leviticus …

Leviticus 23:
    “21 Ye shall proclaim on THE SELFSAME WHOLE DAY
    BONE DAY [etsem yom] … as ye shall REAP … the corners of thy field… 10 When ye shall reap … ye shall BRING a sheaf of the firstfruits unto the priest and on the day after the sabbath [it rested over] the priest shall wave the sheaf before the LORD to be accepted for you 14 …the very selfsame Whole Day Bone Day [ad hadzeh etsem yom] that ye have brought an offering [of the passover lamb].
    “14 The very selfsame Whole Day Bone Day” [ad hadzeh etsem yom] encompassed…
    “9 The LORD spake unto Moses…
    “5 In the fourteenth day is the LORD’S passover
    First addition: “sabbath rest day”
    “6 and on the FIFTEENTH DAY of the month is the FEAST…
    “Seven days unleavened bread ye shall eat…
    “7 In the first day is holy convocation…
    “no servile work shall ye do.
    “10 In it (is) a sabbath rest day [of the first sheaf]…
    Second addition: “first sheaf of firstfruits”
    “11 On the day after the sabbath the priest shall wave it—the first sheaf.”
    “Three days thick darkness” encompassed “the very selfsame
    Whole Day Bone Day” [ad hadzeh etsem yom]” of the First Sheaf.
    The First Sheaf rested over in the darkness of death and grave “on the sabbath that day great day sabbath”, “the fifteenth day of the First Month” and “sabbath in between” of the passover, the day between “the fourteenth day the very Bone-Day that ye brought an offering (of sacrifice) and reaped and brought your sheaf, and “the day after the sabbath” when “the Priest
    wave(d) the First Sheaf”—
    “on the sixteenth day of the First Month (when) they finished to cleanse the sanctuary”.
    Third addition: “fifty days”
    “From… the day after the sabbath”—“the sabbath day” after
    “the selfsame bone-day” that the first sheaf was “reaped from the corners of thy field” and was “brought to the priest” to rest over “the sabbath day” before it would be “wave(d) on the day after the sabbath” … “from the day after the sabbath begin count” FIFTY DAYS to Shavuot / Pentecost!
    “The LORD spake to Moses… 11 On the day after the sabbath the Priest shall wave the First Sheaf”—
    “on the sixteenth day of the First Month they finished to cleanse the sanctuary.”
    “15 Ye shall count from the day…” on which the LORD vanquished the darkness of the plague.
    The LORD of the “three days thick darkness” of the plague, “on the third day”, “finished”.
    “From the day after the (passover) sabbath, begin count!” It does not say begin count after the day after the sabbath; and it does not say begin count from the sabbath. The LORD commanded “count from / with / on the day after the sabbath.”
    Fourth addition ‘Yom Kippur’
    to “THIS THAT VERY SELFSAME WHOLE DAY BONE DAY [etsem yom]” : Yom Kippur Day of Atonement Day of Judgment—mid-year’s Little Passover.
    “46 That your generations may know that I made the children
    of Israel to dwell in booths [for forty years after the passover of Yahweh] when I brought them out of the land of Egypt”…
    “27 …on the tenth day of the Seventh Month
    “28 …ye shall do no work in “THAT SAME WHOLE DAY BONE DAY [etsem yom]
    “29 For whatsoever soul it be that shall not be AFFLICTED IN THAT SAME WHOLE DAY BONE DAY [etsem yom], he shall be cut off from among his people
    “30 and whatsoever soul it be that doeth any work in THAT SAME WHOLE DAY BONE DAY [etsem yom], the same soul I will destroy.”
    “THREE DAYS thick darkness” which in Exodus coincided on and converged in and merged with “THIS THE SELFSAME WHOLE DAY BONE DAY [etsem yom]”, “great day sabbath” of the passover of Yahweh and the “goings out” of Israel out of Egypt, in Leviticus coincided on and converged in and merged with “this the…” three times: “selfsame whole day BONE DAY [etsem yom]” on the one day and “shabbath shabbathon … Day of Affliction and Atonement”, of Yahweh who dwells “among his People”, the children of Israel who now “tabernacled”, “in, the land the LORD had sworn”— so “that your generations may know that I-AM-THE-LORD your God and that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths WHEN I BROUGHT THEM OUT of the land of Egypt.”
    Noteworthy is it that the fifteenth day of the First Month and the tenth day of the Seventh Month were both on the Sixth Day of the week, and that in both feasts “the day after the sabbath” of the feast, was “the Seventh Day Sabbath OF THE LORD GOD”. In neither case “the day after the sabbath” of the feast, was on the First Day of the week.
    Therefore, by counting the single-day pertaining to the tenth day of the Seventh Month thrice called “the selfsame whole day BONE DAY [etsem yom]” as incidences relating to the matter at hand, the Passover of Yahweh which was the first and main and original feast of Israel and the LORD of Israel from which all subsequent feasts evolved, the number of incidences of the use of the phrase ‘etsem yom’ applicable to the passover, stands at 9 out of 12, or, 75%. But taking into account the 3, 4, proleptic, anticipating and prospective instances of ‘etsem yom’ in Genesis 7, 17 and 50, the number of incidence of its use for “the selfsame whole day BONE DAY [etsem yom]” of the PASSOVER, is 12, 13 out of 12, 13 or 100%. Nevertheless <people who actually have functional facility with Hebrew tell you> it <does not>, and, <never, existed> and that <there is no such thing as ‘bone-day’>.

8. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

The Lost Passover

Later and Institutionalised instances of the use of ‘etsem yom’ …in Numbers, Deuteronomy and Joshua …
    …in Numbers, Deuteronomy and Joshua …

Numbers…
    The words “bone” – ‘etsem’ and “day” – ‘yom’ do not occur in a closed phrase in Numbers.
    The most significant incidence in chapter 9:12 (Exodus 12:46) of ‘etsem’, “break / sever no bone of it” (John 19:36), bears upon a fourteenth day of the First Month though, postponed to the fourteenth day of the Second Month, but nevertheless “(kept) according to ALL the ordinances of the passover … on THAT DAY…”, “…THE DAY THAT the tabernacle (‘mishkan’ - place / rest-bed) —the tent (‘ohel’ - ‘covering’)—was reared over the ark (‘aron’ - “coffin”) of the testimony.” 9:9,12; 7:89.
    “Thou broughtest up this people IN THY MIGHT from among the Egyptians!” It was “the Whole-Day the Selfsame BONE-DAY” of the passover, that the tabernacle was first reared over the mercy seat over the ark of the testimony and the Cloud of the Presence of the LORD was upon and “as the appearance of FIRE” covered withal, verse 15.

Numbers 9 contains an absolute incidence of the Bone-Day of the passover, therefore. And so we have 14 out of 14 incidences of “Bone-Day” being the passover’s day of the Dead being Buried—100%!

In Numbers 19 there is the clear connection with the word ‘etsem’ - “BONE… One SLAIN…”, and “GRAVE”, verse 18.
    In Numbers 24:8, “God brought Israel forth out of Egypt… He
    shall break the BONES of his enemies and PIERCE them
    through with his arrows.” “Bones” and passover are together once again, even the day that they pierced the side of Jesus but broke no bone of his!
    Virtually every incidence of ‘etsem’ - “bone”, and the dark day(s) of Israel when the LORD brought them out of Egypt, are of the essence, so much so that the final days in which Israel passed over out of the wilderness into the land the LORD had sworn to bring them into, are identical in

Deuteronomy 32:48 and Joshua 5:11.
    “The LORD spake unto Moses THE SELFSAME BONE-DAY (#15), saying, Get thee up into this mountain… and behold the land of Canaan… and DIE in the mount and be gathered unto thy people [that is, be BURIED]… So Moses died there and the LORD BURIED HIM.
    “The LORD spake unto Joshua, My servant. Moses, is DEAD.
    Now therefore arise, GO OVER this Jordan… Then Joshua commanded… PREPARE, for WITHIN THREE DAYS ye shall pass over this Jordan to GO IN to POSSESS the land… On THAT DAY, the LORD magnified Joshua… the Selfsame BONE-DAY (#16) (they) did eat unleavened cakes”. Joshua 5:11,12.
    The people came up out of Jordan on the TENTH day of the First Month… and kept the passover on the fourteenth day of the (First) Month… and in the selfsame BONE-DAY on the day after the passover did eat unleavened cakes.” Now the prophet Ezekiel calls “the tenth day of the First Month”, “the SELFSAME WHOLE DAY BONE-DAY”— “In the beginning of the year in the tenth day of the (First) Month… in the SELFSAME BONE-DAY (#17) the hand of the LORD was upon me.” Ezekiel 40:1.
    The passover therefore had four days which were “BONE-DAY”, but most important was “the fourteenth day” as seen in the examples above. And in Joshua “after the passover on the fourteenth day of the (First) Month, the fifteenth day of the First Month—without saying—, was “the Selfsame BONE-DAY (they) did eat unleavened cakes”. Joshua 5:11,12.
    So all “three days thick darkness” of the ninth and tenth plagues, plus “the tenth day of the First Month”, were “the Selfsame BONE-DAY” : BECAUSE OF BEING DAYS OF THE PASSOVER OF YAHWEH—17 out of 17 times.
    So far in the Pentateuch all occurrences of the Hebrew phrase, ‘etsem-yom’—“Bone-Day”, were PASSOVER BURIAL DAY occurrences. Yet the learned say it does not exist. It does not exist?! It exists! It exists, 100% as the BURIAL-DAY of the passover of Yahweh, the fourteenth and fifteenth day(s) of the First Month most pertinently.

9. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So, Preach Tony,

WHERE IS YOUR <RESEARCH>?

'Google research' or not, PRESENT IT!

10. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Again, I did very low level research, GE. I saw constructs similar to "etsem yom" but not exact, like "b'etzem hayom." Through this research I saw your posts on other forums where you are pushing this bone-day idea. The people on those forums, who are far more learned than I concerning Hebrew, were saying the same thing to you that I have said.

And what's more, you keep just quoting scripture. You've never said what the "bone-day" is supposed to mean. Back in post #17 you throw out the accusation:
    So does this mean if we buy into your "bone-day," then we are true Christians, and not anti-Christ, as you've so labeled everyone else?

11. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    ...just as a reminder or update ...

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?p=2186490&posted=1#post2186490
    Hehehehe parrot!
    You'd be a worse 'copyist' than those Origen had in mind. If you were a GOOD ‘copyist’ though, you would have had to COPY 18—that’s right, 18!—, REAL occurrences of the <phrasal construct> 'etsem-yom' --- to transliterate the phrase the way Dr Robert Young did in his ‘Analytical Concordance’. Or like Wigram transliterates it in his ‘Englishman's Hebrew and Chaldee Concordance of the Old Testament', <"geh'-tzem>-inseparable-continued-after-by-<yom> in closed sequence of context!
    I see those <advanced degreed> 'Jewish scholars' whom you are parroting here, have trained you well in their wayward ways. Maybe you are they! Surely thou art one of them for thy speech betrayeth thee.
    Ahhh! Therefore I shall wait and give you more rope to hang yourself with ---the very selfsame rope they, hanged themselves, with!
    So give us here on BB what they say next ---they at whose candle thou lit thine own mighty sun.

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?p=2186504&posted=1#post2186504
    Very graceful exit!
    Before you close the door behind you, just one thing that may give you some solace in your loneliness hereafter, Consider the simple truth the thing discovered has been something no one else has ever taken the pains to see in the HEBREW Scriptures and has been studied for thousands of years from the GREEK LXX.
    Please man. Then leave in peace, please man.

12. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I really do wish you would actually say what this bone-day is supposed to mean? I find things like this, these off-the-beaten-path ideas to be interesting, regardless if I agree with them or not.

However, when I provided a reasonable response you accused me of lying and being a "copyist." I was not trying to copy anyone. You called me a "parrot." I had no idea that merely relating the findings of others now makes you a parrot. I would really like to know what you're on about with this thing. But instead of explaining it, you just post place after place in the scripture where you claim "etsem yom" appears in that construction, and then act like the mere existence of it should be enough to convince everyone that you've found some new theological principle that we should all flock to. That's a pretty special gift, GE.

13. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    … not worth the ink the lies it is written with …

14. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

<<<you just post place after place in the scripture where you claim "etsem yom" appears in that construction, and then act like the mere existence of it should be enough to convince everyone>>>

Congratulations! That’s it!! YOU GOT IT!

I cannot believe I have been so successful...

15. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "the Bone-Day" -- 'etsem ha yom', means, "the SELF-EXPLANATORY day".

Yet from the first-ever 'translation' -- the LXX -- the shcolars took it upon themselves to explain what "the Bone-Day" according to THEM, should mean, namely, merely "that day" -- 'hehmera ekeineh'.

...the passover that was lost was the "THREE DAYS THICK DARKNESS" OF "THE PLAGUE (THAT) WAS UPON HIM"---Jesus Christ, that was lost : "the sign of the PROPHET Jonas" and of "ALL THE PROPHETS CONCERNING THE CHRIST HOW THAT HE SHOULD SUFFER AND THE THIRD DAY RISE".

If He had to "rise the third day", He had to be buried "the first day unleavened bread", and killed, "the first day" of "the power of darkness and of evil men".

#35 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2015
  16. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Considering all the effort put into the fine details of emphasis in his posts, methinks this probably goes beyond mere trolling and he is quite serious about his thoughts and interpretations.

#36 kyredneck, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015
  17. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I'm sure he is, KYR. Which is why I've asked several times for clarification and information. As I stated, he really stresses the verses in which he states "etsem yom" appears, but I've never seen him truly explain what it means. His assertion that understanding the "bone-day" would forever change the translation of the gospel gives his claim a very serious gravity, but none of us really know how the 'bone-day' affects the gospel.

He's posted this premise on several boards across the internet, and in just about every place he's been received much as he's received here. Some people call out his use of 'etsem yom,' saying the exact Hebrew construct doesn't actually exist. Some people ask for clarification on his premise and, like here, are just swamped with quoted verses.

I would like to know what he thinks this 'bone-day' means in the context of the scriptures, beyond just quoting scripture after scripture. He did say (emphasis added):

18. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Abib 14, Wednesday night and Thursday day = Fifth Day ....

1A) HERE BEGINS the NIGHT and the FIRST of the “three days”, “according to the Scriptures” – the passover–Scriptures :–
    wherein Jesus ENTERED IN in “the Kingdom of my Father” (Jesus’ Jonah’s descent to hell) :–
    Mk14:12/17; Mt26:17/20; Lk22:7/14; Jn13:1.

1B) HERE BEGINS the MORNING of the FIRST of the “three days”, “according to the Scriptures” – the passover–Scriptures :–
    in which Jesus was delivered and crucified :–
    Mk15:1/Mt27:1/Lk23:1/Jn19:14

1C) HERE is the LATE NOON AND MID–AFTERNOON of the FIRST of the “three days”, “according to the Scriptures” – the passover–Scriptures :–
    when Jesus DIED and was deserted by all :–
    Mk15:37–41; Mk27:50–56; Lk23:44–49; Jn19:28–30

. . . . . .
    Abib 15, Thursday night and Friday day = Sixth Day ....

2A) HERE BEGINS the SECOND of the “three days”, “according to the Scriptures” – the passover–Scriptures :–
    the day whereon Joseph WOULD BURY the body of Jesus :–
    Mk15:42/Mt27:57, Lk23:50–51, Jn19:31/38.

2B) HERE is the NIGHT of the SECOND of the “three days”, “according to the Scriptures” – the passover–Scriptures :–
    wherein Joseph begged the body, and according to the law of the Jews – the passover’s law – undertook and prepared to bury Jesus:–
    Mk15:43–46a; Mt27:58–59; Lk23:52–53a; Jn19:31b–40

2C) HERE is the LATE NOON AND MID–AFTERNOON of the SECOND of the “three days”, “according to the Scriptures” – the passover–Scriptures :–
    when Joseph and Nicodemus laid the body and closed the tomb; and men and women left for home :–
    Mk15:46b–47; Mk27:60–61; Lk23:53b–56a; JN19:41–42

. . . . . . .
    Abib 16, Friday night and Saturday day = Seventh Day Sabbath....

3A) HERE BEGINS the THIRD of the “three days”, “according to the Scriptures” – the passover–Scriptures :–
    THAT JESUS WOULD RISE FROM THE DEAD ON :–
    Lk23:56b

3B) HERE is the MORNING of the THIRD of the “three days”, “according to the Scriptures” – the passover–Scriptures :–
    Pilate ordered a guard “for the third day” :–
    Mt27:62–66

3C) HERE is “IN the Sabbath’s Fullness MID–AFTERNOON” of the THIRD of the “three days”, “according to the Scriptures” – the passover–Scriptures :–
    First Sheaf Wave Offering Before the LORD :–
    Mt28:1–4.

__________________________________________________ ___

Abib 17, Saturday night and Sunday day = First Day ....

4A) HERE begins the day AFTER the “three days” (fourth day of the passover season) :–
    that Jesus WOULD APPEAR on :–
    Mk16:1, “When the Sabbath was past ..... they BOUGHT ....”

4B) HERE is the EVENING of this day,
    Jn20:1–10 Mary sees the DOOR STONE was away from the tomb (discovers tomb has been OPENED);

4C) HERE is the NIGHT of this day,
    Lk24:1–10 “DEEP(EST) DARKNESS” ––– “women with their spices” and ointments go to salve the body; “they found Him NOT” (discover tomb is EMPTY);
    Mk16:2–8 “very early (before) SUN’S RISING” ––– women’s return–visit to ascertain; “they fled terrified and told NO ONE”.

4D) Here is sunrise (‘Sunday’ morning),
    Jn20:11f, Mk16:9 “Mary had had stood behind” .... saw the gardener (sunrise); “Risen, early (sunrise) on the First Day, Jesus first APPEARED to Mary ....”
    Mt28:5–10 “The angel explained to the (other) women (Mt28:1–4) .... As they went to tell .... Jesus met them” (after sunrise).
    Mt28:11–15 Guard to high priests.
    USE BIBLES OF BEFORE THE TWENTIETH CENTURY – they are not as wangled as the later ones. And compare those ancient translations with the modern ones to see the truth of the older ones!

19. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

More than thirty years ago 'new' translations prompted me to study the changes made to specifically the Scriptures about Jesus' last passover.

For about forty years this investigation has gone on while I had not the vaguest idea that I have been studying the passover's Bone-Day.

It has been more than three years now that the identification has been TESTED in every possible way. In every imaginable company. The identification proved more solid after every test.

Refer the following of way back when ...

http://www.biblestudents.co.za/books/Book 2. Resurrection.pdf pages 1,2.

See the verses that composed the “Feast-Day” the 15th day of the First Month --- page 1 the bottom halve.

All these years those verses stayed the same.
    But one more Scripture became relevant after Jesus’ last passover’s BONE-DAY had become apparent --- John 19:39, “at the first night” which fits in between Joseph “Took the body away” and “There came Nicodemus”. It was “at the first night” of the Jews’ feast of unleavened bread!

It was “THIS THAT NIGHT TO BE SOLEMNLY OBSERVED” OF “THE WHOLE-DAY-BONE-DAY” the fifteenth day of the First Month and “the Feast of ULB”.

20. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    <<<He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? - Micah 6:8>>>

“No one is good, but GOD"---the Lord Jesus Christ "God left not Himself without witness in that He did good ... filling our hearts with food and gladness”---of the Bread of Life.