1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Babies are righteous?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by reformedbeliever, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Even 2 yr olds do things they know are wrong just to test the boundaries set by their parents. I guess when Jesus said we must become like children, He meant 1 yr olds. I wonder how many 1 yr olds tried to see Him that day when he said such are the kingdom of God.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Please quit telling God what He can and can't do to fit what you want Him to be.

3. skypair

skypair Active Member

None die! "A child who dies at 100 years old is considered young." Isa ??? IOW, they are "accountable" before death. And if they receive Christ, the live forever! No death!

skypair

4. skypair

skypair Active Member

No, they do things that WE know are wrong.

And they do those things by their nature --- by what to THEM is SURVIVAL INSTINCT. Suvival instinct is latent sin nature waiting to be revealed when we grow old enough to apply it to our "desires" rather than to our "needs."

skypair

5. npetreley

npetreley New Member

It's at points like this I decide to quit. When I argue with free-willers, I often feel the same way as when I argue with evolutionists. They will rationalize everything away to make the evidence "conform" to their a-priori assumption that evolution is correct. Surely you've raised kids by now? And at 2 yrs old you never saw your kids doing something they knew was wrong, which was so obvious by the way they did it and look in their eyes? Consider it a rhetorical question. You've got your blinders on, I don't expect a rational answer.

6. johnp.

johnp. New Member

What happens to babies who die in the MK?

skypair An hundred year old kid is something to see. :) Why don't they grow up?
    So the best age to be, in your view, is one? :) By two they are inveterate sinners in danger of meeting the wrath of God? npetreley was right then. Cool.

God would not be Sovereign if He could not send a child to Hell, but they will be of age when He does.
    God would not be Sovereign if He did send a child to Hell because He had to prove He can.

No webdog. :) You do the same thing. Can God be the Author of sin or not? Can God not condemn little babies? Can God interfer with our will in such a way as to cause us to love Him?

From the womb means what, 8 years, 10 years what?

After one and by two years old Bob. :)

You explained nothing. The verse says even if we are righteous we would still need mercy. Why do you think this is so? It has nothing to do with deeds but our righteousness, if we were righteous. Even if we were righteous we would still need mercy.

john.

7. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Maybe there is a clue in what David said. On the death of his first son with Bathsheba( The one God took as result over David's affair with her while she was married to another.)

2Sa 12:22 He said, "While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, 'Who knows, the LORD may be gracious to me, that the child may live.'
    2Sa 12:23 "But now he has died; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me."
    2Sa 12:24 Then David comforted his wife Bathsheba, and went in to her and lay with her; and she gave birth to a son, and he named him Solomon. Now the LORD loved him

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

No, I don't accept that either.
    Its sad that people are condemning 2 year old babies to hell.

I think you consider yourself to be a righteous person John, and because you are righteous, does that mean you don't need the Lord anymore?

That is easy to answer john, we never get to the point where we don't need the Lord and have the need to pray!

Here is the greatest reason we still need him john even though we are righteous.
    "if the same Spirit be in you that raised Christ from the dead, it shall also quicken your mortal body".
    or,
    "the creature itself shall be delivered also, from the bondage of corruption unto the glorious liberties of the children of God".

I have never reached the point where I don't still need the Lord and never will.

Now, that is a good reason, don't you think john?

I didn't know that you all baptized children john?

#88 Brother Bob, Apr 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2007
  9. johnp.

johnp. New Member

He could have meant just to the grave Jerryl. I believe all Christians children are saved but this verse doesn't help prove it.

john.

10. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Why not, too young?

On the BB we just talk about things, it's Christ that condemns not men.

I think that's sad as well. I don't believe you said that.

john.

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Why not, its the answer to the question you asked, just because we are saved does not mean we still don't need to pray always, according to the scripture.

#91 Brother Bob, Apr 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2007
  12. johnp.

johnp. New Member

It was no answer. I've heard tell that if we pray according to God's will we can know for sure we have what we ask for, 1 John 5:14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us--whatever we ask--we know that we have what we asked of him.

Go on, pray that all men are saved and we can all go home Bob or don't you believe the scriptures? The scripture actually tells you that you have the fate of everyman in your hands, God ...wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Tim 2:4. :)
    This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us--whatever we ask--we know that we have what we asked of him.

I've no idea what you are talking about and thanks for telling me you added to that post.

john.

13. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

So I have the fate of all men in my hands. That is news to me.
    Also, it says to ask in faith believing.

It also says if I have the faith of a mustard I could move mountains and I haven't moved any mountains lately.

Sorry about adding to posts but I usually read over my post to see if I need to add or even take away something that might be too harsh.

I honestly don't know what you are talking about when you say "I" have the fate of all men in my hands.

The scripture in Job is simply saying even the righteous need to pray. Don't make it so hard on yourself.

I have given you the answer too, you just won't accept it.

14. johnp.

johnp. New Member

JOB 9:15 Though I were innocent, I could not answer him; I could only plead with my Judge for mercy.
    JOB 9:20 Even if I were innocent, my mouth would condemn me; if I were blameless, it would pronounce me guilty.

As you like.

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us--whatever we ask--we know that we have what we asked of him.

If we know what He wants and we pray for that then we can be sure to get what we ask for. God ...wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Tim 2:4.

If you don't get it someone else will. :)

What, no faith or no mountains?

john.

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I thought you were Calvinist? Glad to see you believe God has made a way for all men.

16. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

At what age is it OK for God to send someone to hell?

so far..
    age 1 is out..
    age 2 is out...

what about age 3...is that ok?

Please post the age that is allowed and God can read it...and then He too will know.

My take is...I have no idea what happens. But I'm not about to say God can not do it. I have a idea here, lets leave it up to God to do as He wishes. This would open it up to day 1 and go to age 969.

If we go with the age of accountability I need to ask something. At that moment that the child knows what is right and what is wrong, is it ok then for God to send someone to hell? In other words…

If at the age of 2, little joe gets his hand slapped for pushing his sister, and then you see him start to push his sister later that same day, but then stops and looks at you..and runs off yelling ..NO! NO!! NO!!....does he not know right and wrong? If you have kids, I'm sure you have seen this before. So what happened at that moment?

If you think little joe should stop pushing his sister, and you enforce your will for him to be a good little boy with a slap on the hand, you are trying to make joe accountable for his actions. You push your sister, you get a slap on the hand. You are telling joe there is a price to pay for being bad. If joe stops, it is clear little joe has learned it is wrong to push his sister. This does not mean he will never push his sister again. Knowing right from wrong does not mean we follow right...does it? But he will think about before pushing his sister while you can see him push his sister. For him even to think about it means he has learned it is wrong to do so. He also learned it was right (no slap on the hand) to be a good boy.

Is it at that moment that Joe can be sent to hell if joe dies, or does joe have like 5 days of grace to be saved?

If this is not the case, then why slap the kid on the hand?

17. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I notice that every post on here is to adults. I am yet to find a post to little children, as I am yet to find a scripture to little children.
    I guess God felt it was necessary to address those that had sinned and where there is no law there is no transgression.

18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I have to agree with this. There is no way we can know what God will do. But, knowing God is righteous and fair, I know that He will do the right thing. I'm glad He's God and not me. I'm sure all of you are too.:laugh:

I do know that I am accountable for my actions. Good and bad. That's what I need to focus on and leave all the hard stuff for God to take care of.:)

19. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Hello Bro Bob,...good to see you.

The fact is, it is not clearly addressed. This is why I will always hold to...I just do not know.

20. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Hi James;
    Good to see you also.
    I am one who believes that we have our hands full preaching to those who are old enough to understand instead of condemning those to hell who are not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.