1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baby Dedication

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by KobrinFamily, Aug 5, 2011.

1. KobrinFamily

KobrinFamily New Member

I can not wait until sunday we will be haveing a Baby Dedication for our two month old....With family and friends!! I did the same with my older boys there 6 and 4 now.

Have many of you have Baby Dedications for your little ones?? If so what did you all do for your's?? I bought him alittle blue baby bible too put the date in it for him!

Im excited!! I will have too let you all know how well it went :godisgood:

2. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Baby dedications at my church are really a three-fold occasion:
    1) The baby is dedicated to the Lord (As Hannah did with Samuel)
    2) The parent(s) dedicate themselves to bring the baby up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord (see Eph. 6:4)
    3) The congregation dedicates itself to come along side the family to do all it can to assist and encourage them in raising up a Godly seed (In the spirit of Prov 3:1-6)

May God richly bless you and your wife and the young ones that He has entrusted you with!!

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

exact same here...and we did this with our first 2 and will do it again when our daughter is born this fall.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We also do dedications at our church and it's such a blessed time. :) Congratulations on your little one.

5. billwald

billwald New Member

When Hannah dedicated her baby it cost her something and continued to cost her every year. Hanna deprived herself of her child. What do you all do differently because of this dedication that you would not otherwise do?

What besides babies do you dedicate? For example, has anyone's congregation ever had a paycheck dedication or a car dedication?

Say you dedicated your house and then someone said to you, "I know a homeless person . . . ." How would you respond, considering that your home no longer belonged to you but to God?

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

So, all baby dedications must be done in identical fashion to Hannah? I don't know if our pastor or church administrator would go for us all leaving our children at the church. There is a cost in raising your child to love the Lord, as parents and as volunteers who work with your children in the church.
    Red Herring.
    Red Herring the sequel.

7. KobrinFamily

KobrinFamily New Member

Im excited!! Did some cooking today for tomarrow for our guest!