1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Back Bone Or Wet Noodle?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by OLD SCHOOL, Oct 18, 2007.

1. OLD SCHOOL

OLD SCHOOL New Member

Does It seem like Pastor's are nothing more then puppet's anymore?
    Afraid to preach the whole Truth fearing tither's will leave.
    Afraid to teach seperation from the world.
    Afraid to preach there is a hell and you are on your way unless your born again.
    Afraid to preach against any and all religion that is not of the doctrine of Christ.
    Etc... Etc... Etc...
    But, never afraid to remove the name Baptist to please his fold for the new generation or cave in to what some one else think's rather then to stand up.
    Not all. But, a lot though!
    Just a thought.

Seem's like they just can't fight anymore.:sleeping_2:
    Oh, what would Jerimiah think of our wimpy leaders today?
    More importantly was does Jesus think of our leader's today?

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Here's what Jesus must think----------> :tear:

Luk 18:8 "I tell you that He will bring about justice for them quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?"

3. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

They aren't all like this PTL!

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Ummmmmmmm!!! Please excuse me from this list!!!

I admit that there is a growing segment who are watered down

But I assure you --- my wife slips a good dose of Gunpowder in my Grits for Sunday morning breakfast!!!!:thumbs: :thumbs:

5. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

No gunpowder in my grits...but i still am no one's puppet, which is why i am no longer at my previous place of service (i didn't fit into the "Family's" back pocket).
    I preach the truth, i preach that hell is real and those who are not born again are going to find themselves there for eternity; and salvation makes it's way into everyone of my messages.
    Even now as i preach verse by verse through Colossians on Sunday nights i show how 2000 years ago the goal of some was to lead people from the truth...and they do that 2000 years later in the name of Islam, Mormonism or any other "ism" out there.

While i do agree we do have a problem with noodle spined preachers, i don't think they are as prevelant as you assume...at least i hope not.

6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Well----from one Tiger fan to the other----Kiss my grits, dude!!! I grew up in Baton Rouge----cut my teeth on Coach Charlie Mac and his Charlie Mac Show sponsored by Cherry's Potato Chips

I now live in the Heart of Dixie---married an Auburn girl and have had it up to here----------with Nick Saban and the Tide!!!!!:laugh: :laugh:

I preached a chapter by chapter, verse by verse series through Colossians----dude----you wanna know who in your church is fake and which is genuine----preach through Colossians----they'll love ya for it---and at the same time----the church leven will rear their heads----know what I mean????

7. OLD SCHOOL

OLD SCHOOL New Member

Most excellent reply!

8. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Geaux Tigers! And i'll not hold that Auburn marriage against you since i married an Ohio State Buckeye.

I'm enjoying the study of Colossians for myself, first time i've preached through it. I'm going to go from there to teaching on cults and alternative belief systems.

9. Humblesmith

Humblesmith Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I recall J. Vernon McGee's explanation of why the lion's didn't eat Daniel.

He said it was because Daniel was three-fourths backbone and one forth gristle, and couldn't chew him if they tried.