1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Backdoor Trojans

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by dianetavegia, Jun 12, 2003.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I have my virus protection set to scan for viruses on Wednesday nights during church. Last night I came home and Norton had found 2 Backdoor Trojan worms.

Can someone explain to me how I got those? I have my email protection enabled and everything is scanned coming in and outgoing. I'm confused.... LOL... but then what else is new? :confused:

Diane Tavegia

2. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably picked it up during your visit to a website. Those pop up thingies... who knows what they carry. But as long as Norton caught them, the system is doing what it supposed to do and your computer is once again SAFE from the evil worms! [​IMG]

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

Had two a couple of weeks ago. My son dug them out of the computer and sent something/ part or something to a computer geek guy he knows. They come from downloads. This one was piggy backed on a picture some girl on a message board sent him through messanger, and when he tried to open it it didn't turn out right, so he deleted the picture, but by then we had the virus. The guy said these are usauly sent on purpose(it does not come through pop ups) and it's purpose is to help the sender hack your computer and see whats in it. They perfer to steel passwords for the pay for sex sites and then they sell the passwords. It hadn't been able to do anything to my computer he said becasue norton's had caught it before it could spread.

4. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Same thing happened to me last week. Neither Norton or the AVG 6 picked it up, but then I run a schedule on both and it found it. It really makes me mad because like you, i paid a 100.00 for systemworks, and another 59.00 for the Virus protector. I constantly update on both. I have those do it at certain times, but I manually do it too.

Sherrie