1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bacon eaters! Do you see?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by steaver, Apr 19, 2010.

?
  1. yes

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. no

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I did answer your question. I said "neither".

SDA teaching claims that one who is truly a Christian will NOT disobey one of God's commandments that he or she has knowledge of. I would like to know if you personally have past their test.

So I asked,

How long have you been a Christian?

Have you known a commandment of God since and chose to break it?

How long now since your last known sin of choice, knowing the commandment prior to the sin?

:jesus:

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Again - your lack of attention to detail is showing.

Even in the OT the priests wore both linen and wool - as seperate garments at the same time. What they did not do - is mix the two in one single garment.

But here again - you are not answering the basic challenge to your rabbit trail. Is it your purpose "at best" to claim "I want you to stop paying attnention to God's Word in Lev 11 if you are in any way missing something in Deut 22 - because the solution is simply to ignore the Word of God"??

Is that really the road you are going down?

Amazing!!

in Christ,

Bob

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Turns out we have published our list of 28 Fundamental beliefs. you have now "invented one" that says that Adventists will never sin.

Please show us where you dug that one up.

(Or are you just trying to derail your own thread?)

:godisgood:
    in Christ,

Bob

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Since Steaver is not able to remember being asked these questions 2 or 3 times already -- I am posting them "again" -- hoping we can get an answer.

================

=======================

This is a good point to stop and let Steaver respond to the question above explaining just how is question is in harmony with John's statement in 1John 2.

Continuing on...

==============================

Here again we need to give Steaver a chance to respond - to explain just how he imagines the disciples were supposed to say "no Christ we cannot do any such thing - so now we will ignore what you have said"

Or is there some other response that Steaver suggests for them??

Just curious how this works out in Steaver's model.

in Christ,

Bob

5. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Maybe you need to read the OP again. I am right on topic.

Now can you answer my questions or do they place you in a uncomfortable spot?

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Continuing on with the list of questions - still waiting for Steaver to address -

Stopping here again - to see if Steaver can bring himself to address the point above.

Are you stuck dealing with just the "lost condition" or are you insisting that born again saints should ALSO ignore the command to Love God given by Christ in Matt 22 and James in James 2 -- using the excuse that "oops! - we were not sinless yesterday"?

======================

in Christ,

Bob

7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Does anyone see a question at this "good point to stop"?

8. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No.

9. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Still waiting for an answer to that one...

======================================

Also still waiting for an answer to this one- since nothing in the OP quotes me as saying that Adventists never have sinned.

waiting....

Waiting...

10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Originally Posted by BobRyan [​IMG]
    Since Steaver is not able to remember being asked these questions 2 or 3 times already -- I am posting them "again" -- hoping we can get an answer.

================

Quote:

=======================

This is a good point to stop and let Steaver respond to the question above explaining just how is question is in harmony with John's statement in 1John 2.

Feel free to explain why you are addressing me as if I wrote 1 John 2 - instead of phrasing your question "GODS' WORD says we are liars if we claim to know Christ and yet do not keep His Commandments".

Were you thinking that I am a bible writer?

Are you hoping to dodge the question entirely so that you will not have to explain your methods?

Curious minds want to know ;)

in Christ,

Bob

11. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Still no question asked.

Ok, now we have a question added to the rhetoric.

Neither.

I can answer questions all day long for you. Why can't you do the same? It is called "hypocritical" (I believe that is a sin) to call for another to answer questions when you yourself refuse. Did you know that being a hypocrite is sin against God? By SDA doctrine you are not a Christian if you know being a hypocrite is sin and you choose to wallow in it.

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    here we go "again".

(I think Steaver likes being asked the same question 3 or 4 times before he answers with something close to an explanation for his positions and how they fit with the Bible)

So now you say that saints ARE NOT to be viewed as those who must fail to honor Christ's command in 1John 14:15.

How so given your statements so far?

in Christ,

Bob

13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Apparently not.

Is there some magic number of times that I must ask this question before you will cease ducking it??

Just curious.

in Christ,

Bob

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

The "road" is that it is impossible for you to keep the law, as both Paul and James testify to, and as I have demonstrated. You simply demonstrated that you cannot exegete the Scriptures or rightly divide the Word of Truth. You demonstrate that you are a hypocrite by picking and choosing which parts of the law you wish to obey (parts of the Levitical dietary laws) and which parts of the law you wish to disobey (Deu.22:11)

Now when it comes to Deu.22:11 give me your interpretation, and:
    1. how the nation of Israel had to apply it in their day, and:
    2. how you should apply it likewise in this day.

If the dietary laws are still applicable so is this law. So tell me how you apply this law to your daily life.

15. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am curious how you justify making stuff up out of thin air and then accusing me of thinking whatever you manage to dream up.

Is that something you learn over time where you live?

Just curious.

(BTW - your claim that the OP has some evidence proof or even statement about SDAs claiming to never sin did not pan out -- were you thinking about some other thread? Or are you simply trying to derail this one even though it is your own thread?)

in Christ,

Bob

#95 BobRyan, Apr 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2010
  16. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We both agree that all makind are sinners in their lost condition.

Having said that --

Paul argues the opposite point. In 1Cor 7:19 Paul argues that "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God"

Just when you wanted Paul's council to the saints to be "what matters is not paying attention to the Word of God if you find commandments of God there".

Is it your argument that you ignore God's Word telling you to Love God with all your heart - the same way you admit to ignoring Deut 22:11?

Is that really "your teaching"?

Even though Christ flatly condemns it in Matt 5 as does Paul in Romans 6?

in Christ,

Bob

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Bob I have asked you a simple question. Here it is again:

Now when it comes to Deu.22:11 give me your interpretation, and:
    1. how the nation of Israel had to apply it in their day, and:
    2. how you should apply it likewise in this day.

If the dietary laws are still applicable so is this law. So tell me how you apply this law to your daily life?

One doesn't answer a question with a question, nor by changing the topic. Now try again. See if you can answer the question.

18. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If you want questions answered you have to "ask" a question.

Now I see you have added some questions so I will give an answer.

No.

No.

This is not a question, but since you have extended an offer of freedom here I will help you out.

1 John 2 is the perfect word of God. The SDA application of this passage against the grace of God is an abomination and constitutes "another gospel".

The "commandments" spoken of here include confession to those commandments we transgress as Christians.

1Jo 2:1ΒΆMy little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

If A Christian could NOT disobey a known commandment there would be no commandment given to "sin not" and a solution given for the transgession.

1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Jam 5:16Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Many of the SDA errors stem out of not understanding the foundation of grace.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Bob says
    He stresses the importance of the law.
    However, when it comes to this verse:

Deuteronomy 22:11 Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together.
    --Bob dismisses it altogether as not being important for the Greatest Commandment of love is more important. What amazing hypocrisy is shown here.
    Pork is as important as love.
    Clothing is not as important as love.
    Pay attention to your pork but not to your clothing. Maybe that is what Bob is teaching. But the Bible doesn't teach it.

20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This would come from a known SDA supporters words and application of scripture to a question asked.

This answer is clear SDA theology which can only be concluded as anyone professing to be a Christian and disobeys a known commandment is not truly a Christian.

It is your own words! No thin air, maybe some hot air, but taken directly from an SDA. That would be YOU!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.