1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured BACON, the New Five Points

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Dr. Bob, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    HEY! I resemble that remark!!

And (in passing) 3 eggs, wheat toast, half a grapefruit, hashbrowns, a cuppa joe and 5 strips sounds like Breakfast.

Or, if the wife reads the post, a small bowl of All-Bran with fat free milk and herbal tea.

2. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

This is weird...this thread has made me too hungry to give a rebuttal. Off to the fridge!

:)

3. Skandelon

Ok, now that I've had my snack, its my turn:

B - Bad People but God's Appeal is Stronger than their badness (Rm 1:16)
    A - Already Elect because God has already elected to draw all men to himself (John 12:32)
    C - Completely Atoned for because God has completely atoned not only for our sins, but for the sins of the whole world. (1 Jn 2:2)
    O - Overwhelmingly Called yet some remain guilty because they traded the truth in for lies and are thus without any excuse. They rebel even in the face of God's clear revelation. (Rom 1)
    N - Never Falling Away because upon our believing we are sealed by the Spirit who guarantees our inheritance. (Eph. 1)

:thumbsup:

4. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL at the lame attempts of the semi-pelagian/arminian types who can't handle bacon.

Jesus elects man to come but man is way more powerful than God so tells God off and rejects His election and God DOES lose some. God lies.

See how offensive false teaching is and what it does to God Who is in control and not the man-god they teach?

6. Skandelon

Yet, who is the one who provided textual support for their views and who didn't? Revealing.

Do you really think this is what we believe? REALLY? No wonder you are a Calvinist. I would be too if this is what I believed about non-Calvinists. If you are going to oppose us, fine, but at least have the courtesy to learn what we believe and represent it correctly.

The 'man-god' ??? REEEEEEally? And you are an Admin? You don't find such comments inflammatory? Shame on you brother. You, of all people, should know better. I'm quite certain if someone referred to Calvinists as believing in a 'fatalistic-god' or a 'puppet-master god' or a 'unjust god' you wouldn't stand for it...or maybe you would? Maybe you find it perfectly acceptable to not so subtly suggest that other brethren follow a lower case "g" god and thus are not following the true God??? Is that now acceptable behavior on this forum Bob?

#26 Skandelon, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2012
  7. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

How do you know for sure? Just could be that it's done under rabbinical supervision!! :laugh:

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some make man into 'god' (hence the small 'g') by their theology. Others allow God to be God.

Who is in charge or sovereign in the universe? The pelagian heresy makes man in charge and sovereign. The drama comes from those who are semi-pelagian and many of my friends on the BB drift into that category. They make God half powerful and make man into a mini 'god'.

That is a problem - but I allow each to put themselves into the theological framework of their own design.

9. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Rank heresy....everyone knows that the Spare-rib is the money cut!!!

10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WHAT verses is that found in?

the elect will come to saving faith in christ, for its God bringing that to pass!

11. humblethinker

humblethinker Active Member

LOL! You're hilarious!:thumbsup: hmmm... BACON! I could definately have me some of that!

12. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder if the farmer having spent too much time with the pigs in the pen got "high" on the hogs?

13. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    just wanted to make clean up your points a bit, bibilically speaking!

14. Skandelon

So many contradictions and so little time... :tonofbricks:

So, you are saying your theological system would NEVER compare men to gods, and ours would? Ok, so now let's see which system best lines up with scripture:

"I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.' -Ps. 82:6

"Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods' ? If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came--and the Scripture cannot be broken--" -Jesus (Jn 10:35)

For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many "gods" and many "lords")(1 Cor. 8:5)​

Obviously, not a one of us here thinks we are God, and He is the only true YAWEY (GOD). However, we are compared to Him in that we were created in "HIS IMAGE" and are made "a little lower than the angles." So, we are certainly not on the same level as animals (though the deterministic view of human will sounds strangely similar to that of animal instinct, so I can understand how you might think the way you do).

More to your point, our view is that it was God's sovereign choice to give men such freedom and thus responsibilities, thus if true even our freedom would be a result of divine sovereignty...something you don't seem to understand.

Right, because only your view of God could actually be God....question beg much?

God. And you don't seem to think he is powerful enough to have created free moral creatures while maintaining His sovereignty. You seem to believe that Sovereignty can only be contained in a being who controls both the good and evil choices in this world. He must play both sides of the chess board to ensure victory, because he is just too weak to win any kind of real victory against an actual independent enemy. Your view of God seems much weaker than mine....but then again maybe that's just the man-god in me talking. :saint:

While I reject pelagianism too, you have to admit that is a gross overstatement. Pelagianism just denies the biblical doctrine of Original Sin and maintains that people are born innocent. It never claims men are 'in charge or sovereign.'

Again you beg the question by presuming that it wasn't God's will for men to have this ability and thus 'responsibility' or "power." Is a man less strong if he chooses to allow his daughter to freely obey him when he calls for here to sit down at the table? Has his daughter now taken away half of his muscles simply because he doesn't chose to use physical force? Come now Dr. Bob, you know better. If God has CHOSEN to give men this power/ability/responsibility then even THAT is His prerogative as God. So, I'd suggest you let Him be God.

Awwww, so you are giving up your power as an Admin by 'allowing each to put themselves into the theological framework of their own design?" You must be because if you have the power to irresistibly expel those of us who don't agree with you and you don't use that power then clearly, by your own reasoning, you must be giving up your power. We are all little "a" admins now! :smilewinkgrin:

15. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I agree with Dr. Bobs assessments throughout this thread concerning semi & pelagian tendencies as he is spot on with his conclusions. They are totally accurate and truthful.

As far as 'BACON, the new Tulip', I believe it was coined over here:

http://defendingcontending.com/2012/06/25/bacon-the-new-tulip/

#35 preacher4truth, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
  16. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Some folks say they are four-point Calvinists.

Could there be such a thing as a four-strip Baconist?

Or, would one have to be a five-stripper to be a true Baconist?

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

LOL at the lame attempts of the muslim-sovereignty-understanding / determinist types who cannot handle a more concise explanation of bacon.

Jesus elects man to come but is not powerful enough to do so without the additional and separate work of the Holy Spirit, making those unregenerated people reject His appeal. God lies.

See how offensive false teaching is and what it does to God who decrees evil making him the god of Islam?

Just thought one profitable post deserved another...or maybe I was predestined to type it.

#37 webdog, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
  18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't know, a con? :D

19. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Heh, heh.

There are some one-point Calvinists. Could there be a one-strip Baconist? Seems to me that wouldn't be very satisfying.

By the way, web, would it be fair to describe you as a Skandelon Baconist, as opposed to a Griffin Bacoist?

#39 Tom Butler, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012
  20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That would be a fair description...but I would prefer biblical baconist ;)