1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bad voting

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by donnA, May 12, 2008.

1. donnA

donnA Active Member

Here are some real reasons I would never vote for Obama, and why I beleive it's wrong for any christian to vote for him, unless they beleive as he does. It ahs nothing to do with race, or the fact he's democrate(except for the fact most dems beleive as he does),
    Before we are democrates or republicans, we are christians, those who are to represent Christ on this earth. I would not be representing Him well if I voted for Obama, I would be ashamed if I did vote for him.
    I beleive we are to live scripture in order to honor and glorify God, and voting for this would be a failure to glorify God.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/01/AR2008040102197.html
    Babies born alive should be murdered according to Obama, why
    Children are, according to Obama, a punishment.
    Is this what God says?
    I think not.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=51121

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=24354

Is the book Romans considered obscure? Certainly not!

Murdering babies does not trespass his christian faith? What? Since when in scripture is murdering children alright.

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp?Page=/Politics/archive/200803/POL20080303b.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/15/us/politics/15gays.html

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are a lot more issues at stake than the two you mention.

Likewise, I don't see how a Christian can vote for Senator McCain considering his warfare state viewpoint.

3. CHRISTian PS Watch

CHRISTian PS Watch New Member

I don't know how to vote in this election.

I will not vote for either of the Democrat candidates that get the nomination.

I will not vote for McCain.

I have voted for the lesser of two evils since 1988. I think I'm going to take my vote and go home. Until there is somebody worth voting for then I pass.

We have a vacuum of leadership in this country the likes of which we have never seen. The last great leaders in this country are coaching college and professional sports teams.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

I will vote my christian beliefs, not worldly conserns. I am not of the world, I am of Christ. And I will stand with Christ (not muslims, or the ungodliness of Obama).
    If you prefer ungodliness, then go ahead and vote Obama.

5. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

If you are "not of this world" as you claim, then you shouldn't vote in any "worldly" election at all. To do so would appear to be a hypocritical thing to do.

6. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Huh? "Christian belief and not 'wordly concerns'"?

While I am on "your side" on the abortion and same-sex question, I do not see how waging war is not the business of the Christian. It is very much our business.

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

Not at all. My views are based on scripture not the world's view. My world view comes from scripture. We must live in this world untill we go to our real home. As christians God's word needs to govern our lives, even our voting. If I voted for Obama I would be voting the world's view, not the biblical view of the world.
    This is what I was saying, not whatever twisted thing you think I was saying.

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

I didn't say it wasn't. I said, first and foremost, I will vote not vote for someone who is so blatantly anti scripture, anti christian.

9. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Good posts and reasoning donnA. I'm amazed that anyone that posts, as a believer on this board, could in any way support him.

10. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Finally, someone who has presented us with the real reasons not to vote for Obama! Thank you Donna! :thumbs:

11. donnA

donnA Active Member

Thank you.
    I garee with you. With the ungodliness he supports, how can a christian support that.

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

wow, thank you for your comment.
    He has spoken these ungodly things with his own mouth, he condemens himself as not be worth a christians support.

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Substance in the OP. Thank you Donna.

14. donnA

donnA Active Member

Thank you Roger, I'm glad I could meet with your approval. And I mean it.

15. donnA

donnA Active Member

I'm sorry people. I hate coming up with titles for posts and emails, and this one isn't a good one, just all I could think of.
    And I am not talking about anyone's voting when I say 'bad voting', but my own if I were vote for someone quoted and described in the op.