1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Balcony Gardening

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Apr 7, 2002.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Do any of you plant tomatoes on your patio or balcony? Is it too early to set it out?

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

I saw one of those gardening shows once, and had this woman who grew a whole garden on her balcony, had all her vegetables, tomatoes, corn, beans, cucmbers, squash. They were big plants, and produced well. Have you grown tomatoes on the balcony before? How do they do? I've never had a balcony, but I've grown tomatoes. I don't know what it is about the ground at this house, but we can't grow anything. I've planted a amsll garden a few times, and nothing. We have fertilized, and even took out dirt that ws there, and put in more top soil and still can't make anything grow. My neighbors have had the saem problems, but now they have a beautiful flower garden. We just gave up, it was more expensive then just buying our vegetable fresh at a local farmers market.
    On the othe hand, my son and I have been wanting to try container garedening, but we've failed so many times, we don't really want to bother anymore.
    And to think the house were at before, had a very small yard ares, something like 2'x6' feet out back, and I grew massive tomatoe plants, with more tomatoes then we could possibly eat, and then we were running over with squash. Boy I miss that little yard space.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

Well, I forgot,
    your a little more south then I am, but I'd wait a few more weeks to plant tomatoes.
    Although I'm no expert.