1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baldwin: Giuliani Could Be Worse Than Clinton

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Oct 7, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Giuliani Could Be Worse Than Clinton

By Chuck Baldwin

This past week, I was interviewed bybest-selling author and WorldNetDaily columnist Jerome Corsi. The subject of the interview was the potential conservative Christian response to the possibility that Rudy Giuliani would gain the Republican nomination for President next year - www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57953.

(We also discussed the cozy connection between the Bush and Clinton families, which will probably be dealt with in a future Corsi column.

I told Dr. Corsi, "A lot of conservative Christians will never vote for Rudy Giuliani." I will even go so far as to say that no genuine Christian conservative could possibly vote for Giuliani. And, no, it does not matter that Hillary Clinton might be elected President as a result. A Giuliani or Clinton choice is tantamount to a choice between Nero or Caligula.

Let me say it plainly: a Hillary Clinton administration would be no worse than a Rudy Giuliani administration. In some ways, it might not be as bad. At least, with a Democrat in the White House, conservatives might try to act like conservatives and muster the energy to actually oppose some of her liberal proposals.

The record is clear: when a Republican is in the White House, conservatives not only lose their backbone, they also lose their brain cells. They walk around in a daze without the ability to even see what is going on right before their eyes. They become "mind-numbed robots" with no commitment to principle whatsoever.

Why? Because one of "their own" is in office. At that point, it becomes a "see no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil" situation. If two George W. Bush administrations have taught us anything, they have taught us that....

However, if the Rockefellers succeed in nominating someone such as Giuliani, real patriots will do what they have always done--stand for principle and vote independent. (It is time we had a major independent challenge to the two major parties, anyway.)

The line in the sand is being drawn. Better start thinking now about where you will stand.

As for me and my house, we would rather stand on the Bible and the U.S. Constitution and vote our conscience than bow the knee to madmen such as Rudy Giuliani.

- rest at www.vdare.com/baldwin/071005_giuliani.htm

#1 KenH, Oct 7, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That is the nightmare race for any Christian, especially in reference to abortion. We have debated this over and over, which is better, an honest vote for a third party and elect Hillary or a vote for Giuliani compromise on morals. I have an odd feeling if it comes to that, people are going to be very surprised who carries the South. My guess is Hillary will take at least half the states because of her southern connection, and a general distrust of Giuliani.

It is my hope and prayer that the Republicans regain some sense in the next few months and nominate a conservative. It looks like Thompson might not make it.

If a Christian could ignore abortion (which I have yet how to figure out how to do), then I disagree with the article. Giuliani would be much better on terrorism, keeping taxes low, and stimulating private enterprise.

#2 saturneptune, Oct 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2007
  3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a third scenario - compromise on morals and vote for Giuliani and Clinton still wins. In this case one would have compromised for no return at all.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Since you are from Arkansas and seem interested in this, how do you see the South falling (states being carried) in a Giuliani-Clinton election. Include the border states if you would.

5. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would rather see Hillary elected than Giuliani.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It figures.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

As of today:

Arkansas - Clinton
    Texas - Giuliani
    Louisiana - Giuliani
    Mississippi - Giuliani
    Alabama - Giuliani
    Georgia - Giuliani
    Florida - Clinton
    South Carolina - Giuliani
    North Carolina - Giuliani
    Kentucky - Giuliani
    Virginia - Giuliani
    Delaware - Clinton
    Tennessee - Giuliani
    Missouri - Clinton

#7 KenH, Oct 7, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  8. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd rather see Huckabee, Romney, or Thompson elected over Hillary, but I have a policy of "anybody but Rudy."

9. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

on second thoughts: deleted.

#9 hillclimber1, Oct 7, 2007
  10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That is really a very good guess. In my state, we are about to throw out a Republican governor for cronism, but Democrats take on a different flavor at the local level.

The only other thing that might tip more states in Clinton's favor is the high percentage of black voters in some of these states. Thanks for your response. Very interesting.

Still, I am hoping for a true conservative to thrash Clinton at the polls.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Personally, I just can't see how a pro-life Christian could vote for either Clinton or Giuliani. Both of these candidates are in favor of the government enabling abortions and not even having the government being at least neutral toward this issue.

12. Alex Quackenbush

Alex Quackenbush New Member

For all those that believe life begins at conception and oppose Giuliani because he does not support the reversal of Roe vs Wade here are some thoughts.

All of these men accept the use of THE PILL as a legitimate form of contraception though it is also an ABORTIFACIENT (meaning if the prevention of conception does not occur the prevention of the conception being further occurs and the new life is aborted through interfering with the normal biological process). Giuliani is honestest enough to be consistent with his views however.

The pill is responsible for MORE ABORTIONS than any thing even CLOSE to approaching what occurs by means of a medical procedure...are any of these alleged anti-abortionists speaking out on this?

The contradictory and hypocritical positioning is astounding.

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you have scientific proof of your assertion?

14. Alex Quackenbush

I have scientific literature supporting this. I can and will gladly give you links to reasonable and reliable sources supporting this scientifically. I myself have read them thoroughly and done enough personal research to be satisfied with it.

But do know, my argument isn't with conception and abortion or the pill but with the consistency or inconsistency of those making this issue the BENCHMARK for whether someone should be voted for or not.

#14 Alex Quackenbush, Oct 7, 2007
  15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, unless there is a presidential candidate in favor of criminalizing birth control pills, Alex, I reckon you are out of luck on this issue.

16. Alex Quackenbush

Oh. Well I am voting for Giuliani myself.