1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ball caps on boys and men during worship services

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ktn4eg, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calling someone out from the pulpit is very very extreme. When issues become more important than people then we have lost sight of the purpose of the church.

2. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes I agree and I think your concern is proper and biblical. In 1Cor it reads this. 11:4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
    I believe what we are seeing is the church turning from reverence for personal desire and conmfort.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

So all women wear head covering?

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its interesting - many folks will come to church in whatever - but for a funeral or a wedding - they get all dressed up.

5. michael-acts17:11

Site Supporter

If I were a member of your church & witnessed that kind of arrogant outburst from the pulpit, I would stop you afterward & demand an apology to the church. It would be proof of misplaced priorities & a Pharisaistic sense of personal authority.

On second thought, I might actually demand the Biblical basis for your condemnation before you resumed the sermon. However, the fact that you'd feel comfortable with such an action tells me that you rule your church instead of leading it, & that it is the type of church I would never join. So, I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

#25 michael-acts17:11, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2013
  6. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

Maybe in your part of the world but not mine. I have also witnessed some people going to a pretty costly eating place dressed in their old work clothes that have not been washed all week. They could have took what they spent on the meal and bought a new pair of pants or soap to wash what they wore. I also think it is people rebelling against authority.

7. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, the good news is that I'm sure there are plenty of churches around that will be happy to kiss your backside, just the way you demand they do, so there's no reason for you to waste your time here.

8. michael-acts17:11

Site Supporter

Such arrogance. Such ignorance. Would you happen to be an IFB preacher who likes to have his own backside kissed by the sheep who follow him blindly? No one kisses anyone's backsides in a true church. We have respect & love for one another.

Where I attend, we understand that every believer is an equal member of the Body of Christ & of the priesthood of believers. Our pastors aren't filled with prideful self-righteousness, nor do they seek unScriptural authority within the Church of God. God rejects men who seek the higher places & upper rooms.

9. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You really don't have to recap your previous post for us. We all saw it.

Nope. Not even close.

And yet, you describe yourself as one who demands it.

Yes, you would do well to remember that.

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

While I said wearing a hat is disrepectful, it does not justify that extreme position. I know local churches if you called someone down from the pulpit for that reason, you would probably be given a choice of mustard or ketsup as you ate the pulpit board by board.

11. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Johndeere once told me that church discipline would be used against me if I defied their church rule and brought a water bottle into their church sanctuary. You know? Water bottles and baseball caps are demonic and need to be dealt with directly from the pulpit.

12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    For many it is disrespectful (it is for me also – I always remove my cap when I enter a building). But it isn’t for many. It is disrespectful in Japan to rub chopsticks together, but it is common practice here with no disrespect intended. It is disrespectful for many to approach a superior inappropriately attired (also to attend church dressed casually). Signs of such respect do not always transcend culture, and ours is multicultural. I think it important to remember that the individual who wears the ball cap in church is not necessarily disrespecting God or the church – they are most likely unaware that their dress may be offensive and I am not sure that it is up to that person to cater to the offended in this case. While it does bother me, I know that this is because of how I grew up and traditions that I have adopted throughout the years.

13. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As usual, you're lying. I've never said such a silly thing.

14. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Yes you did my friend. I can look it up if I have too. Why would I lie about such a thing?

15. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

A man, or boy, wearing a ball cap or inappropriate attire in a worship service demonstrates the lack of respect for God that is so prevalent among congregation at the present time.

There are a number of themes that are prevalent in Scripture. One of these is the Holiness of God. A second is the limitless Grace of God. A third is the sinfulness of man; sadly so frequently demonstrated in worship services!

16. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with both of these Gentlemem.

The big question is- where do you draw the line?

A) someone who has not taken a bath for 3 months
    B) someone comes to church in a bathing suit
    C) someone who is smoking inside the church bldg
    D) someone listening to a radio via earphone
    E) Someone who brings in a McDonalds meal and eats during the church service
    F) allowing children to run around the sanactuary during service
    G) fill in the blank

#36 Salty, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2013
  17. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hows about a Yamaka maybe!?! OYE

18. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK. Do that.

Why don't you tell us? You're the one who falsely accused me and are now unable to show any evidence.