1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Band, Piano/organ, or CD's

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by SaggyWoman, Jan 11, 2013.

?
  1. A band plays all the music.

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. A Band plays some of the music.

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. A piano/organ play all the music.

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. A piano/organ play some of the music.

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. We use CD's.

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  6. Other

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  7. We don't have music.

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

What do you do music with at your church?

2. 12strings

12strings Active Member

We have a "band" that plays most sundays..."Band" consisting of a Grand Piano, Guitar, Bass Guitar, and occasionally a flute. (We had a drum set player for about 1.5 years but he recently moved away.

P.S. It is unfortunate that this music thread is way down here on the page because I don't think many people look at it...so you may not get many responses to this. I'm tempted to just start all my music threads in the "General Baptist" section...cuz I'm rebellious like that...

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We currently rent a room on sundays (only)- thus we only use CD's.

Personally, I prefer a piano- an organ is to formal for me.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Sometimes, like tomorrow, we will have a worship band but other times it is either iPod with tracks bought or created by hubby or else he leads worship with computer and guitar. We always have live singing.

5. glazer1972

glazer1972 Member

Our church has some piano and organ, some CD, some cassette, sometimes ipod and some computer.

6. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

We rent space, too, and have a band that comes in each week.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have a guitar, Piano, and mandolin

8. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

We have had drums, bass guitar, acoustic guitar, violin, keyboard, .......hmmmm........

9. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

We don't use any instruments.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure you do..the human voice which I perfer to be honest. :thumbsup:

11. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

We have a band. It includes drums, 2 guitars, a bass, and a piano.

12. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

Absolutely correct!!!The greatest instrument but on earth

13. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

One time I was in a church that had a piano and organ, and the two playing the instruments were traumatic to the service. Both were not that good, but one thought she was better than she was. It was horrid.

14. RustySword

RustySword Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We have a 7-piece band (piano, synth keyboard, acoustic guitar, 2 electric guitars, electric bass and drums).

15. 12strings

12strings Active Member

Does anybody have a church where someone plays an old saw?

16. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Agreed!

Bro.12....I agree with your P.S. 1000%. Music ministry is a HUGE topic among Baptists in general and I, like yourself, spend most of my time up in the Baptist Only portion of the board. Yes, maybe we should "branch out" and try to be more "well rounded"...maybe. However, the nature of fellowship among baptistic people is that "birds of a feather flock together". I SECOND THE MOTION that the owners of the BB should create a Music Ministry discussion forum up in the Baptist ONLY portion of the Board. I believe it would definitely draw a lot of attention!:thumbsup: By the way...thanks to Saggy Woman for posting THIS thread!

Bro.Greg

#16 Gregory Perry Sr., Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2013
  17. Gregory Perry Sr.

OH My!!

How sad :tear:...and how funny :laugh: all at the same time. I have heard things that would only qualify as "joyful noise" that I had to "endure to the end" and thank God for what I believed to be the sincere and pure heart behind the microphone.....It helps to remember 1 Thes. 5:18 ("In everything give thanks:.....") Amen?

Bro.Greg:saint:

18. Gregory Perry Sr.

Somewhat Diverse

My church..Blue Ridge View Baptist... offers a fairly diverse music ministry. We do most of our congregational singing out of the traditional (thank God) Baptist Hymnal with live piano/organ accompaniment. Thankfully we have been blessed to have some very talented and gifted musicians in our fellowship who try to make good use of their gifts. Our choir uses mostly CD accompaniment for the specials they sing. On occasion there will be a group of (mixed-ages) musicians that will do special music with a trio or duet singing. The instrumentation used will be guitars,bass,violin,flute, piano,and an electronic drum set. We also have a guy in our church (and his teenage son) who works with our AV/Sound ministry who is the lead singer/guitarist in a local Gospel Bluegrass group. He (and now his son as well) occasionally bless us with some of their excellent music. Our music director is a wonderful and humble man who has truly been a blessing in his leadership of our music ministry.
    All that said, I am pretty much a traditionalist in my music tastes and I don't care much for the CCM of our day that is permeating many churches. To me, much of it sounds and "feels" too much like the classic rock and pop music of the world that I gladly and thankfully left behind when I surrendered to the Lord. Sometimes, even the music in my church gets a little too "boom-d-boom" for my tastes and on those days you may see me with a frown on my face. The old Gospel music played and sung in the traditional manner is what really blesses my heart and points me to my Saviour. That is music that does NOT appeal to this world OR the flesh and that is why I am drawn to it. Psalms,hymns, and spiritual songs (Eph.5:18-20) are intended (by God) to be OUR MUSIC...it was never intended to appeal to the world,the flesh, or the devil. All in all though, I am thankful for the well-rounded music program at my home church. Blessings to all of you.

Bro.Greg:saint: